Dead Battery

TXTiger

I have a 2012 Heartland Cyclone 4014 purchased new in May of 2012. It had been on the dealers lot for some time before I bought it. I have been told by others that the factory does not send the unit with a battery and that the sealing dealer installs a battery. My 1 year warranty with Heartland is obviously expired but not sure if the battery manufacturer has a longer warranty.

My question now is I have been told that I should replace the 12v battery with two 6v. A 12v is only about $100-$150 but two 6v installed with cross over wiring will run about $350-$400. I have heard that two 6v hold a charge 2x longer than one 12v but I am hooked up to shore power 90% of the time. Not sure if getting the 6v system will be worth the extra $$$$. Would love your opinion. Thanks in advance

donr827

JMO if you are hooked up to power 90% of the time I would stick with two good 12 volt batteries. If you plan on doing a lot of dry camping then you might consider the 6 volt batteries.
Don

whp4262

I agree with donr827. If you are hooked up to shore power most of the time I would stick with a 12v battery, they are cheaper and easier to get if you need to replace it on the road.

f250dieseldad

Hi Tony, I only have one battery and we do just fine. I turn on the battery switch and the refrigerator at least a day before we go camping. Still have plenty of power for the slides and landing gear. John

Birchwood

I replaced the battery in our 09 Landmark last summer with another single 12 v Interstate.We live in our Rv and only live in Luxury resorts so boon docking is not in our vocabulary.

priorguy

If you always have shore power hooked up don't waste your money. Your truck and shore power can handle the minor charging you need. I only have a single 12v as I have a permanent site. Battery is only there to keep the fridge contents from spoiling in case of power failure so it can switch to propane. The lights and furnace would work in a pinch if we didn't want to drive the 20 mins home overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk