Delamination??

NYSUPstater

While sitting by campfire the other night, looked back towards the RV and saw what I thought was a "bulge or bubble" above the right side basement door on our '18 BC 3560SS. It's near the top right corner. Pressing on it, it's as hard as a rock, yet it still remains. Don't see where or how any water could be getting in there if it is indeed delamination. Sorry I don't have any pics just yet as I dropped the unit off at our old RV dealer cuz d-way is supposed to get re-sealed this week. What do ya all suggest? Have trips planned for both Labor Day and Columbus days w/e's, then it's put into inside storage for the winter.

TIA.

Did you ever find a solution?

This sounds like what we are seeing with our 2017 Bighorn.

We took it to one repair shop that suggested it would be $15k to cut off fiberglass, replace any damaged luann, and patch the fiberglass. They said it would not have the stickers and the color would be matched at the moment, but over time it would be obvious.

Another repair place said they could inject epoxy in the places and cover any injection holes. He said it would take a few days and be around $3000.

rhodies1

It’s just a poor build area by the factory. If it will not move when pushing it. I wouldn’t worry about it unless you see it getting bigger. I have a small one since new on my unit. Too much glue in the spot when attaching the fibreglass.

sengli

I have an older big country, and mine looks like there are areas where it also looks like delam is, but I pretty sure the glue in a couple a spots is failing in the wall but not from water intrusion.

Take pictures of the bulge. This will help you to track the damage over time and to communicate the problem to your RV dealer.
Inspect the area around the bulge for signs of water intrusion. Look for cracks, holes, or other openings in the RV's body.
Take your RV to a qualified RV dealer for inspection and repair. The dealer will be able to determine the cause of the bulge and recommend the best course of action.

NYSUPstater

Good morning and howdy howdy,

Sorry it's been awhile since I posted this. Things haven't been not so hot around here as my mother passed away recently and all sorts of other stuff going on

So my old dealer said it doesn't look to be delaminating. More so, probly the glue in that 1 spot for "X" reason failed as there isn't any other area showing any signs or bubbles (good thing I guess). Watched it since 1st being discovered and saw no signs of it expanding (sits in sun all day on that side) or others areas.............yet.

Put it into enclosed non heated storage till April. So see what happens over the winter months and if need be swing it by a auto-truck-RV body shop upon taking it out.