Diesel run-on - "dieseling"

Yesterday I was pulling a U-haul with my 2008 Duramax from Baton Rouge to St. Petersburg through a driving rain storm. My cruise control stopped working and when I stopped to get fuel (3 times) the engined ran on for about a minute after I shut it off. Today the cruise control is working and the engine is not dieseling. Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem could have been?

Speedy

You may have a moisture issue in the engine control harness. Look for the connectors that go into the electronics of the main fuel system and make sure they are tight. You could even disconnect them and use some electrical contact cleaner on the pins themselves; then seal the outer edges with connector grease and reassemble.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I agree with Speedy on this - I have had this issue from time to time with my 2005 K2500. I have not found out exactly what the issue is - but the Chevy dealer says that Cruse will shut down when there is nearly anything wrong with the engine control - and if there is a serious issue you may see reduced power from the engine ( limp mode ) I've not had that issue - I keep WD-40 with me at all times and if I have a cruse issue I start with the Trailer connection then go to the Engine - some times It will clear up - other times I just get a sore leg ... and wait for dryer roads ... if you find out exactly what your issue is I would love to know - the shotgun approach is hit or miss.

Kevin