Do we really have correct track?

NHCelt

Finished a wet bolt, x-factor, new shock and bearing service on my Bighorn which touts Correct Track by Lippert. The only evidence of this system is the yellow tabs on the spring hangers.

There is no ability to make adjustments as there is only one hole in the hanger and nowhere to adjust to...am I missing something here?

NHCelt

It does, but only one hole in the hanger... So no possible adjustments. Looking at the correct track website, it shows a spring hanger with positioning options. The existing spring hanger has lips that lock the 8 sided "adjustment plate" in place.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

NHCelt

I don't need any adjustment, but just don't see what their would be to adjust if necessary?

NHCelt

Well, I found the oem installation manual. Appears that adjustments are not possible on the oem version. Unsure what the benefits of this would be other than to advertise something?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I just changed out mine to the MorRyde shackle and grease bolts. I have the OEM Correct Track system. There is about an inch elongated hole in the frame member. This allows you to turn the Correct Track cam to adjust the axle forward or back in increments.

danemayer

It does, but only one hole in the hanger... So no possible adjustments. Looking at the correct track website, it shows a spring hanger with positioning options. The existing spring hanger has lips that lock the 8 sided "adjustment plate" in place.

It only needs one hole. The cam gets loosened/rotated/tightened which re-positions the springs/axles.

NHCelt

It only needs one hole. The cam gets loosened/rotated/tightened which re-positions the springs/axles.
Right, but the position of the hole only allows the bolt to go in one place... Nothing changes. In fact, turn the 8 sided disk and you can't get the bolt in the hole. It's a standard spring hanger.

danemayer

Right, but the position of the hole only allows the bolt to go in one place... Nothing changes. In fact, turn the 8 sided disk and you can't get the bolt in the hole. It's a standard spring hanger.

Turn the disk, move the axle until the holes align.

NHCelt

When the holes align it is correct... No further adjustment possible, just like the old days.... The after market is far more adjustable.

LBR

When the holes align it is correct... No further adjustment possible, just like the old days.... The after market is far more adjustable.

If you take a critical measurement from the hole centerline to each flat, are all of them EXACTLY the same distance?.....if not, then those minute differences are the adjustments as previously mentioned.

NHCelt

I think it got lost here in discussion, but my point is that there are no correct track adjustments possible the way the unit comes from the factory. The holes only line up one way... The hanger has lips on it to ensure that. I don't need adjustments, but if I did they would have to be made by adding after market parts to the oem setup.

Bones

I think it got lost here in discussion, but my point is that there are no correct track adjustments possible the way the unit comes from the factory. The holes only line up one way... The hanger has lips on it to ensure that. I don't need adjustments, but if I did they would have to be made by adding after market parts to the oem setup.

So you don't have an elongated hole?

danemayer

Watch this video and see if it doesn't clear things up.

dave10a

Watch this video and see if it doesn't clear things up.

My experience dictates that one should use a laser or other means to accurately measure the front axle in relation to the king pin with the trailer sitting loaded for travel on level ground. If the front axle is good then the rear axle should be positioned equally on both side with the front axle. In reality the front axle can be out alignment and the rear tires will show scuffing wear to compensate while the front axle tire will show normal wear. The may be counter intuitive, but that is how mother nature works some times. The Lippert videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F98KeFfuxHY that show how to align the axles with correct track are better examples. The video in this example should be ignored......

Last edited:

212Pilot

Since my Spring Hanger Bracket broke (the part that is welded to the frame) I have had it apart and the hole in the bracket is an oval slot. You can't see it unless you remove the bolt an the yellow correct track plate. As others have pointed out when the bolt is loose the plate will rotate to a different position which moves the axle toe in or toe out. The oval slot allows that adjustment when the plate is rotated to a new position and the flared edges on the Spring Hanger Bracket lock the Correct Track Plate in place when the bolt is tightened.