Does this slide look right?

david-steph2018

From that angle it looks okay. It is angled away from the rig to allow rainwater to run away from the inside. How are the outside seals on the sides/top look? The inside seals, how do these look/feel against the slide-out?

Gary521

To me, it does not look right. It appears like the bottom could be extended more. Like the others have said, check the sealing of the sides against the inside. My slide outside walls are parallel with the trailer sides. The roof is angled down a bit.

Routemaster

IMO. No the floor I believe should be parallel to the deck, looking at your picture could the rack on the bottom skipped some teeth?

jerryjay11

You should also consider if the floor inside feels like you are leaning. Also, when extending the slide, you should observe the top of the slide stops just before the bottom does. At least that's how mine works.

I need a better way to check the seals inside. It looks good but that’s just me looking at it. It does make a loud pop sound once it’s fully extended but I can’t pin point what that actually is from. Possibly the teeth at the bottom?

I also need to tighten up the tension on the cables but seems I need to remove the trim inside and I’m not really wanting to do that during my vacation. As long as the slide buttons back up when we leave then I can figure all of this out once it’s back home lol

Dahillbilly

I also need to tighten up the tension on the cables but seems I need to remove the trim inside and I’m not really wanting to do that during my vacation. As long as the slide buttons back up when we leave then I can figure all of this out once it’s back home lol
from the tools tab above all you will need to know regarding the BAL cable system, they do need some slack in the cables; https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Slide_Outs/Rooms/BAL/accuslide_service-manual.pdf

david-steph2018

I need a better way to check the seals inside. It looks good but that’s just me looking at it. It does make a loud pop sound once it’s fully extended but I can’t pin point what that actually is from. Possibly the teeth at the bottom?
Checking the seals inside, I run my hand along the seals and feel if these are compressed. Another way to check the seals, we do about every 6 months, is to use a flashlight. We wait until dark, turn the inside lights off, and one person runs a bright flashlight along the inside of slide, the other person, checks to see if any light shines thru the seals. Do this with the slide-out in/out. Wife marks the inside with masking tape if I see any light.

New to travel trailers, buttoned up my slide and noticed the chains and cables look like this…does this look right?? TIAIMG_2179.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2177.jpeg
    IMG_2177.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2178.jpeg
    IMG_2178.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

rhodies1

They look very slack. If your unit is still under warranty,have dealer adjust. If not under warranty I would contact a mobile repair company and have them complete the adjustment.

SLO

Your Accuslide cables are way, way out of adjustment. Surprised chain hasn’t come off the sprockets. In 2179.jpeg you can see on the green block the chain connection is at the very end of the adjustment bolt. My guess is the jam nuts weren’t tight allowing connections to loosen up. If you’re handy, study the manual and you can do it yourself. You’re lucky the motor is on top of slide. Mine is on the bottom and was very hard to adjust. From the factory the system comes with white foam anti vibration thingamagigers. All are missing except one which you can see in 2179.jpeg, so slide had been adjusted by someone in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk