Dometic awning wont retract

Capt7383

My awning wont retract, motor makes a clicking sound. Ran twelve volts directly to motor and all I get is the clicking sound. I'm thinking motor is shot. The unit and awning is less than two years old. Will dometic pay for service call/labor or only the motor? If I attempt to replace the motor myself does anyone know where to obtain directions? I know this can be dangerous
Thanks in advance

danemayer

Hi Capt7383,

If Dometic provides a 2 year warranty, they'll probably cover parts and labor done by a Dometic authorized servicer. If you're thinking about using a mobile servicer, I'm not aware of any vendor who pays for travel time charges, but sometimes that's less expensive than hauling your trailer to a service location.

It's possible someone who has replaced an awning motor can give you some guidance. Can you post the model # of the awning?

Grey Ghost

Yep, your motor is shot, I blew two of them in a very short period of time so I know the sound very well. If you get ahold of Heartland they can tell you where you can get directions or there is a section on this web site for manuals you might try that. I just put my awing back up manually and took it to the shop and had them put a new motor in it for me. I do know that once you take the set screw out of the awing itself your motor is for sure done for, but that is the only way to get your awing back up. Good luck!

GOTTOYS

I read somewhere that the awning motor is the same one used on a GM power window regulator at a much lower price???...Don