Dometic Door arrangement

TeJay

Hi Folks,
I sure hope somebody has an answer to this question. Single door home fridge/freezers are designed so the door can be switched to open from either side. This allows the door to open for convenient entry/exit from the cooking/eating area. Can the Dometic single door fridge be switched as well???? The Wife and I have looked on-line and did not find any information. Considering the often tight quarters in some of these units it would make sense that they could be switched. We all know that sometimes if it makes good common sense it won't get done.

Thanks,
TeJay

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tejay, I believe they can be changed over. I'll see if I can find some documentation. My rig is in FL with all of the manuals. What model is your fridge?
HERE IS A LINK to Dometic. It can be done but you may need a conversion kit. It might be best to call Dometic.

TeJay

We just ordered the unit and there is nothing on the literature that says what model they would install. I've called the dealer but they can be slow to respond once they have your unit on order. We might know on Monday.

Thanks,
TeJay

ChopperBill

We had a 3055RL and needed the door switched. Dealer got a kit from Dometic and swapped it. Not sure why they dont make 'em so you can swap doors without a kit.