door side slide out 12 volt lighting acting goofy

Bobby A

when I have the dining room light on over the table and turn on the disk lights or any other light in that same slide out, the kitchen light goes out, also the little reading lights are real dim. the 12 volt lights in the rest of the coach work fine. What shoud I do/check ??
Thank you,

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Also check the wires under the slide. They may have been pinched and damaged. Along with that there may a junction box attached to the frame where the wires connect. Take the cover off and check the wire connections there. Disconnect from shore power before opening that box.

Peace
Dave

Bobby A

Also check the wires under the slide. They may have been pinched and damaged. Along with that there may a junction box attached to the frame where the wires connect. Take the cover off and check the wire connections there. Disconnect from shore power before opening that box.

Peace
Dave
Thank you guys, you are correct dave, there is a junction box under the slide out on the frame I believe. Also there is a junction box in the corner on the floor in that same slideout( inside corner)Are these junction boxes(both) 12volt or 110 boxes ?? Is it possible the converter is going bad ??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Those junction boxes could both 12 volt and 120 volt which is why I recommend a power disconnect before accessing.
If your converter is going it would have an effect on all 12 volt items.
You just need to look at all possible problem areas.

Peace
Dave

Bobby A

Those junction boxes could both 12 volt and 120 volt which is why I recommend a power disconnect before accessing.
If your converter is going it would have an effect on all 12 volt items.
You just need to look at all possible problem areas.

Peace
Dave
O.k Dave, I will shut off the power and check both boxes, inside and outside. I will post back in a couple days as I will be busy the next few days. Thanks for all your advise like always. Have a good Holiday Weekend.