12 Volt: non working LED lights in the living room slide outs

Val 859

We have a 2019 3900 MB Gateway fifth wheel RV and recently the LED lights and 12 volt overhead lights in the slide outs simply stopped working. The LED over head was turned on , then shut off and we found that both sets of LED are now off. The breakers and fuses are good and the wall plugs have electricity to them so this appears to just be connected to the 2 slides and LED wiring.
ADD INFO: The slides are on opposite sides of the trailer (living room) and all other LED lights in the trailer work well. There are 3 other slides out toward the front of the trailer and those 3 are fine. Batteries also have a full charge.
Thank you
Val Kleinheitz
loneoakhayland@gmail.com

Roller4tan

Look under the affected slides for junction boxes on the frame. Disconnect power to the trailer as 120ac and 12v connections are in those boxes. Look for loose wire nuts. Also look for where the wiring enters the bottom of the slide for chafed or cut wiring.

wdk450

Is there a common wall switch on these lights? Could that be the problem?
I have repaired the small rocker switches used throughout my rig for lighting/speakers with a spray of Caig Cramolyn DeOxIt contact restorer/cleaner spray into the gap between the rocker actuator and switch exterior, then working the switch about 10 times.

I have the same camper, same problem. Does your radio work? Mine first started with the radio going out, then the lights on the kitchen slide, then lights above the sofa, and then the lights about the dinner table...now my midbunk is working half the time.

david-steph2018

I have the same camper, same problem. Does your radio work? Mine first started with the radio going out, then the lights on the kitchen slide, then lights above the sofa, and then the lights about the dinner table...now my midbunk is working half the time.
You should check the electrical connections under the slide-outs. Under there will be some junction boxes and it could very well be loose wiring. If not in the one side, check the other slide for the same. Make sure the electricity is off before pulling on any wiring or opening the junction boxes to check.