drip pan for washer

dave10a

As I get more knowledgeable about my new unit, I found that the washer does not have a drip pan with a drain even though it is highly recommended by Splendide. Is this normal?

DougS

Doug S
I installed my own Splendide and installed the drip pan, but not the drain. I elected to install an alarm ($15) for water. We only run the machine when we are at the rig, so the alarm works for us. If nothing less, the pain holds the machine in place.

danemayer

As I get more knowledgeable about my new unit, I found that the washer does not have a drip pan with a drain even though it is highly recommended by Splendide. Is this normal?

Our 2011 has a factory installed W/D and came with the drip pan and drain. Did the factory install yours?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our 2011 Landmark Key Largo also has a drip pan with drain. I always wondered what that drain just to the right of the steps was. Figured it out one day. or at least I figured that was what it was.

dave10a

Our 2011 Landmark Key Largo also has a drip pan with drain. I always wondered what that drain just to the right of the steps was. Figured it out one day. or at least I figured that was what it was.

I see on their salse leaflet that a drip pan is shown with the stackable washer/dryer, I guess Heartland did not think my unit was worth to get a drip pan. Could it be that the salse leaflets are false advertising?

dave10a

Our 2011 has a factory installed W/D and came with the drip pan and drain. Did the factory install yours?

I don't know who installed it. All I did was take delivery and I overlooked that a drip pan was not installed, but later looked for it after reading the manufacturers manuals. Also it is a mute point as to who actually did the installation if it was done by an authorized factory dealer and service organaization, which I believe Camping world is. Heartland has the ultimate responsibility as I understand Agency law in the United States. I will confront the dealer about this and see if they installed and why they did not do it in accordance with manufacturers specifications--

brianharrison

I don't know who installed it. All I did was take delivery and I overlooked that a drip pan was not installed, but later looked for it after reading the manufacturers manuals. Also it is a mute point as to who actually did the installation if it was done by an authorized factory dealer and service organaization, which I believe Camping world is. Heartland has the ultimate responsibility as I understand Agency law in the United States. I will confront the dealer about this and see if they installed and why they did not do it in accordance with manufacturers specifications--

I wonder if Camping World is an "authorized factory dealer and service organization" for Heartland. IF the answer is "no", then HL has no obligation for modifications, additions done outside of it's authorized networks. If the answer is "yes", then you are correct.

You are correct - Camping World is a Heartland authorized dealer; my bad --> Camping World Authorized Heartland Dealer in FL

Brian

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

This is a grey area. A lot depends on whether the W/D was a "factory option", or was it a Dealer option added as part of the deal. Just because Camping World is an authorized dealer doesn't make Heartland liable for shoddy aftermarket add-ons done by a dealer. Again, very grey area, depending on what's on the factory order/spec sheet, etc.

danemayer

Why don't you call Heartland Customer Service, give them your VIN and ask if the W/D was a factory install. Then you'll know who should make it right.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Just wondering if Splendide recommends the drip pan , how come it doesn't come with the washer. The pan is listed as an accessory and has to be ordered separate.

dave10a

Just wondering if Splendide recommends the drip pan , how come it doesn't come with the washer. The pan is listed as an accessory and has to be ordered separate.

Probably because their units are also replacement units that replace units that already have drip pans.

dave10a

This is a grey area. A lot depends on whether the W/D was a "factory option", or was it a Dealer option added as part of the deal. Just because Camping World is an authorized dealer doesn't make Heartland liable for shoddy aftermarket add-ons done by a dealer. Again, very grey area, depending on what's on the factory order/spec sheet, etc.

I could be a grey area, however, it depends on the what is agree upon contractually to be a factory authorized representative, dealer or service organization. Most reputable companies have very stringent standards because their brand iname s at stake...

dave10a

Why don't you call Heartland Customer Service, give them your VIN and ask if the W/D was a factory install. Then you'll know who should make it right.

I will after I talk to the dealer about this first. If they are reputable and have the customer and Heartland's interest as a prime objective they will resolve any issue or misunderstanding without any hastle.

Steadfast

Thank you for bringing this topic up. We have the stacking version and I have tried to find the recomendation that Splendide made on the drip pan (although it is obviously a good idea). Please let us know where we can find it. Thanks again.
Craig

dave10a

Thank you for bringing this topic up. We have the stacking version and I have tried to find the recomendation that Splendide made on the drip pan (although it is obviously a good idea). Please let us know where we can find it. Thanks again.
Craig

I don't understand why you need confirmation for something that you think is "obviously a good idea." But since you asked here is a quote from Splendide's web site.

DRAIN
PANS

Placing a drain pan under any water-using appliance is
always a good idea. Our durable and waterproof Drain-A-Way™ pans are created
especially for Splendide appliances and utilize rotational molding to provide a
seamless construction, uniform wall thickness and dense corners that absorb
shocks and stresses where they occur most. Pans come in sizes listed below or
can be custom manufactured for your application at a minimal charge.

Steadfast

I don't understand why you need confirmation for something that you think is "obviously a good idea." But since you asked here is a quote from Splendide's web site.

DRAIN
PANS

Placing a drain pan under any water-using appliance is
always a good idea. Our durable and waterproof Drain-A-Way™ pans are created
especially for Splendide appliances and utilize rotational molding to provide a
seamless construction, uniform wall thickness and dense corners that absorb
shocks and stresses where they occur most. Pans come in sizes listed below or
can be custom manufactured for your application at a minimal charge.

You don't understand why I asked, so I will tell you. The dealer installed the stacking washer/dryer as part of the deal when we bought our new Big Horn. It was part of a package deal. I was in hopes that the installation manual would have some "warning" about installing without a drain pan. That would give me some good evidence to present to the dealer to convince them that they should install one at their expense. What you showed me will help, but it is not as "strong". Thank you for responding.
Craig

dave10a

You don't understand why I asked, so I will tell you. The dealer installed the stacking washer/dryer as part of the deal when we bought our new Big Horn. It was part of a package deal. I was in hopes that the installation manual would have some "warning" about installing without a drain pan. That would give me some good evidence to present to the dealer to convince them that they should install one at their expense. What you showed me will help, but it is not as "strong". Thank you for responding.
Craig

I may have the same issue as you do. I intended to have the dealer explain why my new unit does not have the drip pan after I paid the price for the washer dryer upgrade per the price factory price list which includes a drip pan. I will also show them the Heartand sales broucher that clearly show the drip pan and explain that I bought the trailer with expectations that it would be as represented and built at the same standards as the factory--since they are a licensed dealer and agent of the factory I believe they have an obligation to meet those standards. Our discussion will start there and depending of the dealers response will determine the discussion from there. So far I think the dealer is respectable and responsible and see no reason the think otherwise at this point. Possibly this is an over sight of the installer and not a dealer modus operandi--