Dripping hose of unknown purpose......

oscar

Just to the aft of the forward steps, so "outside", below the floor is a foot more skirting before the kitchen slide starts. There's a plastic cover to close it off to the rear. In it are two white braided plastic hoses coming through the frame, with two plastic 90's aiming up, connected to....... nothing. Open to the air.

One is dripping, for an hour now.

Now, I did fill the water tank up, to mostly full So it IS possible that these are tank vents? And that the warming water is expanding and working it's way out of those vents? But, there is also a vent looking thing under the water hose connection. And why are there two?

HL seemed unsure what these are..... I may have to press harder to get the answer.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you're at the rally, what site are you on? Someone may be able to eyeball it and tell you what they're for.

Rrloren

Sounds like they are the low water drains. Have a valve on them. Turn valve off till you winterize.

oscar

Sounds like they are the low water drains. Have a valve on them. Turn valve off till you winterize.

I know where the drain valves are. Red and blue. These have no valve.....just elbows open to the outside. Will take picture when I get a chance. Meanwhile dripping has stopped. I'm sticking with the expanding water theory, for now.

danemayer

Oscar, if you have the Andersen 4-way valve in the UDC, your fresh tank may have extra overflow drains to protect the tank since the water fill is pressurized.

oscar

Oscar, if you have the Andersen 4-way valve in the UDC, your fresh tank may have extra overflow drains to protect the tank since the water fill is pressurized.

I do have a 4 way valve (city/normal/tank/winterize) not sure it's Anderson and UDC is..... a guess..... Utility Distribution Center?

TravisJen

Universal Docking Center. I have the 4 way valve also but no hoses underneath except fresh water drain and low point drains. Oscar, with the 4 way valve, how do you know when the fresh water is full when filling it?

danemayer

I do have a 4 way valve (city/normal/tank/winterize) not sure it's Anderson and UDC is..... a guess..... Utility Distribution Center?
UDC = Universal Docking Center which is where external water, cable and satellite connections, and in some cases the dump valves handles are located.

If you have the 4-way valve, it's the Anderson Valve.

oscar

Universal Docking Center. I have the 4 way valve also but no hoses underneath except fresh water drain and low point drains. Oscar, with the 4 way valve, how do you know when the fresh water is full when filling it?

I filled it until I got 4 red lights. Didn't need it full full. In other campers I go until a vent starts spitting. Meanwhile the hose in question has stopped dripping so I am now convinced that it is indeed a vent.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders

You should have an overflow somewhere for the fresh water tank. Mine has two lines each with an elbow on the end, one on each side, sticking through a hole in the I-Beam frame. When the tank gets full water comes out whichever side is lowest first. Time to stop filling. It has two overflow/vents due to higher volume of water entering tank under pressure now vs the old style gravity fill. If you do not find an overflow/vent I would be concerned and check with Heartland.

TravisJen

I've crawled underneath from one end to the other and can't find any overflows. Makes me nervous every time I fill it because I just picture the underbelly starting to sag with water thats being vented from the tanks. I just go by what the gauge says so I know I'm filling it to it's full capacity.

danemayer

Just to the aft of the forward steps
Oscar,

I toured the Cyclone line at the factory on Saturday and looked for the venting lines for the fresh tank. On the door side, there are hoses running from the fresh tanks that stop short of the forward steps. The hoses terminate with a 90 degree fitting. The tank end of each hose is attached to a fitting on the side of the tank, near the top. With all the plumbing parts exposed like that, it's obvious that these are overflow lines that come into play when the tank is filled to the top.