dual 3" sewer outlets, how/what do you use to connect to dump?

chiefneon

Howdy!

I'm are waiting delivery of our Cyclone 4000 any day we hope. We fulltimers and at present use a "Sewer Solution" when we have FHU's. I like it much better than dealing with the 3" stinky slinky regular sewer hoses. I'm thinking ahead how to connect the two 3" sewer outlets on these 5ers. Those of you that have two sewer outlets what are you using that works for you?

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

mixie57

Re: duel 3" sewer outlets, how/what do you use to connect to dump?

Yep, "Y" is what we use also. No issues.

chiefneon

Howdy!

Thanks for the reply. I'm gussing you both are using 3" sewer hoses and a "Y" connection going to the sewer dump. Where are you storing all that sewer hose. One of the reasons I have used the "Sewer Solution" for years is at times the park connections can be located a get a great distance away (i.e. the rear of the site). The one inch hose used by "Sewer Solution is much more easy to manage that 20' plus of 3" sewer hose some times needed.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Westwind

Why not modify your Sewer Solution to your new hauler? I would think it could be an easy fix, especially not handling the large hoses for two outlets I know I would if it were me. I have had a Sewer Solution for 12 years and wouldn't have anything else.

jandm

Had an old RV w/two outlets. Went to Home Depot & got a sewer Y fitting, then mounted sewer hose fittings to two of the three. The one without A fitting went into the sewer pipe, to the other two I hooked hoses from RV dump outlets. To stow all the extra hoses I installed 2 extra sewer hose caddies, a pain but worked for me..

ILH

If you decide to stay with the 3" sewer hoses, there are lots of examples where toyhaulers have added storage under the rig. In my case I added storage for about 20' of hose, but it would be just as easy to add two storage tubes to double it.

MotoLynx27x

I have two 3" outlets on my prowler and so I've bought a Wye and some clamps to make my own 2 into 1 short hose sections. I'll post pics once everything is here and put together!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our Trail Runner has three sewer outlets . . . one black, front and rear grey tanks.

The rear grey tank is for the kitchen, and the other two are located in the middle of the trailer under the bathroom and shower side by side.

I am thinking of getting a 'Y', but rather than connect the two hoses at the in-ground drain I'd like to have them connected right at the outlets in middle of the trailer so I only have to run one hose to the ground drain from there.

Now I have one drain hose coming from the middle, but have to switch them depending on which tank I want to drain.

On second thought . . . I could add another 'Y' and have all three connected to the ground drain.

I don't leave them open so that they drain as we use them, but I let them fill up at least 1/2 and then drain as needed . . . especially the black tank!

As for storing the drain hoses, I keep 20 feet in the rear bumper of the trailer, and the other I keep coiled up with the ends connected in the back of my truck during camping season, but put it in the cubby during the winter months.

CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg

The campground I took the above picture at was destroyed by the Colorado floods last September (St. Vrain State Park near Longmont, Colorado).

SeattleLion

While we have only one sewer line, we share the issue of a very low outlet. Thanks for the Sewer Solutions discussion. It solves our problem nicely. I have ordered one today.