Dual Gray Water Tank Question

ejcrist

We bought our first RV a couple of weeks ago - a Heartland Bighorn 39FL 5th wheel. I think I understand everything well enough for our first trip in two weeks but there's still one question I wrote down that I don't know the answer to. Where is the valve for the 2d gray water tank? I'm sure we have dual tanks because our sensor panel has #1 and #2 written on it with two separate sensors. I know gray water valve #1 and the black water valve are both right next to each other above the drain pipe, but for the life of me I can't find the second gray water drain valve. I figure it should be close to the other two and the drain pipe somewhere. Does anyone have any idea where I can find it?

Thanks, Gene

danemayer

Hi ejcrist,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure another Bighorn Traveler owner will be able to point you to the location of the valve.

RV-Manny

We bought our first RV a couple of weeks ago - a Heartland Bighorn 39FL 5th wheel. I think I understand everything well enough for our first trip in two weeks but there's still one question I wrote down that I don't know the answer to. Where is the valve for the 2d gray water tank? I'm sure we have dual tanks because our sensor panel has #1 and #2 written on it with two separate sensors. I know gray water valve #1 and the black water valve are both right next to each other above the drain pipe, but for the life of me I can't find the second gray water drain valve. I figure it should be close to the other two and the drain pipe somewhere. Does anyone have any idea where I can find it?

Thanks, Gene

Hi Gene

The second grey tank valve in the front storage compartment driver-side where the water hookup is.

Regards
Manny

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

ejcrist

Hi Gene

The second grey tank valve in the front storage compartment driver-side where the water hookup is.

Regards
Manny

Manny,

I saw on the diagram where it shows 3 gate valves in there but there aren't any valves in mine except for the hot water heater bypass (red) valve lever. Does this mean I don't have a second gray water tank? I called the dealer today and the tech said he doesn't think I have one. He said the sensor panel is generic and just because there's a sensor light doesn't mean there's a second tank. When I looked underneath though I can see where it looks like a 1 1/2"-2" ABS pipe coming out of the kitchen sink area and connecting to the discharge pipe so I'm assuming there's a second tank above it somewhere.

Gene

CoveredWagon

Manny,

I saw on the diagram where it shows 3 gate valves in there but there aren't any valves in mine except for the hot water heater bypass (red) valve lever. Does this mean I don't have a second gray water tank? I called the dealer today and the tech said he doesn't think I have one. He said the sensor panel is generic and just because there's a sensor light doesn't mean there's a second tank. When I looked underneath though I can see where it looks like a 1 1/2"-2" ABS pipe coming out of the kitchen sink area and connecting to the discharge pipe so I'm assuming there's a second tank above it somewhere.

Gene

just a thought. Look under the frame of the Rv on the off door side. We saw this on a new Rv at another mfg.s factory. If you sill can’t find it call Heartland customer service. Have your vin ready.

RV-Manny

just a thought. Look under the frame of the Rv on the off door side. We saw this on a new Rv at another mfg.s factory. If you sill can’t find it call Heartland customer service. Have your vin ready.

I would also call the manufacturer.
From the VIN they can tell what's in there. Dealers mostly have no clue about your trailer. They just wanna sell.

Manny

ejcrist

I would also call the manufacturer.
From the VIN they can tell what's in there. Dealers mostly have no clue about your trailer. They just wanna sell.

Manny

Ok, I called Heartland and it turns out my 5th wheel only has one 45 gallon tank. The guy said the 39FL had a washer-drier prep package at one time but when it was removed they eliminated the second tank. So that's good to know. We don't plan on getting a washer-drier so it's a non-issue for us. I'm glad I got the facts straight though. I was worried we'd find our sink or shower backing up and I wouldn't be able to find the drain valve - that would've been a mess. This being our first RV I'm paranoid about everything until I get a couple of trips under my belt. Thanks everyone for the replies - appreciate the help.

Gene