Electric cord reel revisited

1231ChaseB

Early this summer i put in a garden hose reel for my 50 amp electric cord ! I noticed that it was starting to sag and didn't like the look's of it ! So yesterday i took my 20% off coupon to Harbor Freight and got this air hose reel WITHOUT air hose for 16 dollar's and it's perfect and very solid !
chaseb

Attachments

• 100_0028.jpg
    100_0028.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 379
  • 100_0030.jpg
    100_0030.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 466

1231ChaseB

It screws to the floor or wherever you want to mount it ! I believe the base is 7 inch's wide and there's already 4 holes for the screw's ! I drilled another hole in the side of the base and also screwed it to the wall ! Can't beat it for 16 dollar's
chaseb

navyAZ1

Wish I would have seen this before I bought the one from Moryde at the Gillette Rally, I paid a whole lot more than $16!!!!!

Ron,

scottyb

That looks great. I have a 50' 50A extension made with SO cord I would like to have a place to keep it out of the way until it's needed. Thanks for the idea.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Early this summer i put in a garden hose reel for my 50 amp electric cord ! I noticed that it was starting to sag and didn't like the look's of it ! So yesterday i took my 20% off coupon to Harbor Freight and got this air hose reel WITHOUT air hose for 16 dollar's and it's perfect and very solid !
chaseb

Is this using a standard 50 amp cord that the RV came with? Ours seems much more bulky and I'm not sure it would wind that tightly.

1231ChaseB

The cord you see in the pic is the monster 50 amp cord ! Heavy as all get out ! It just screws to wherever you set it !
chaseb

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am liking that. How do you secure the end to start winding it up? Hard to tell from pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mobilcastle

Nice setup-Mine is on the electric reel and you have to be very careful to wind it right or it does not fit and you have to rewind it. I think an auto feeder with a bigger reel would work better on the factory setup.

1231ChaseB

I use a small velcro strap to secure the end to the reel before i wind it up ! Did it a couple times to get the other end where i wanted it and have the handle up high when i was done !
chaseb