Electric door lock on 2011 Landmark

JimandSina

I have a 2011 Landmark San Antonio, It came with a remote door lock, key fob only, NO remote keypad, it has worked fine since buying the unit in 2011, now the electric lock portion (Key Fob) does not work work, does anyone know where the control module would be located?? I cant find any information on this type system, any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

danemayer

Hi Jim,

The keyless entry on 2011 models was from Southco, since taken over by Lippert. This is the model that has a rectangular keypad to the left of the entry door.

The control module/receiver is located in the entry door. To access it, you have to remove the window (careful not to drop the glass), and pull the module up - it's located in the core, just below the window frame.

Before taking the door apart, check the transmitter/keypad. When pressing buttons, the keypad should light up. It's not very bright, so you'll need to check it at night. Unless you've replaced the battery recently, I'd start there.

You'll have to pull the keypad off the wall and clean off the adhesive. There are a couple of tiny screws on the back plate that'll let you remove the back to change the battery.

If the battery is OK, you may have to re-enroll it with the receiver. Here's a link to the manuals that will walk you through the re-enrollment procedure.

If a battery or re-enrollment doesn't fix it, I'd recommend you look at RVLock.com. Many of us have changed out the entire lock assembly and installed the RVLock V4 product.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since you do not have the keypad, have you changed the battery in the key fob?

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Jim,

First time reading through your post, I must have misread and thought you were talking about the keypad. So Dave's question about the battery on the FOB is the first thing to check.

Also, the Southco control module/receiver gets power through two spring loaded terminals on the inside of the door frame, near the bottom. You might clean those contacts with alcohol. Also a good idea to check for 12V in case you've blown a fuse.