Electric Power Jack-MPG 185

JereBea

Oldie but Newbie, I have purchased a new MPG Model 185. After research, due to age and some lower back problems, plan on adding a power tongue jack after delivery. My question, will the Barker VIP 3000 series do the job? I understand the 3000 lift capacity is fine but not certain about the bolt pattern and length. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

jimtoo

Hi JereBea,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hopefully some of the other MPG owners will jump in soon and let us know the answer to your question.

Enjoy the forum and your new MPG.

Jim M

pegmikef

I have the Barker VIP 3500 and love it. I first bought it for my Edge M21 and then transferred it to my North Trail. It works great and I went with a little heavier than I need because I figure there is less strain on the motor. I think the tongue jack bolt pattern is standard on all Travel Trailers. You have to make sure you order one that is the same diameter as your jack. I think most are 2 1/4 inches. Another thread said the MPG was 2 1/4 inch, but make sure. All you need are a couple of jack stands and a couple of wrenches to install it.