Elkhart to Canyonville

Titanguy

We are leaving for the Canyonville Rally on 9/4 and have been watching the wildfire activity.
Have been planning I-80 to SLC then I-84 to Hwy 20 and across thru Bend.
The Bend area seems to have a number of fires and not sure of this route.
I could go N. to Portland then down to Canyonville or I-80 to Sacramento and N on 5 but seems like I-5 around Medford could be a problem?

Need some local knowledge.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Ron

You will be ok on the 20 until Bend which at that time you will hit the fire area close to The Sisters fire west of Bend. 20 has bee closed on and off.

Might be better to stay on 84 into the Portland area and then take the 205 south to the 5.

LBR

Ron

You will be ok on the 20 until Bend which at that time you will hit the fire area close to The Sisters fire west of Bend. 20 has bee closed on and off.

Might be better to stay on 84 into the Portland area and then take the 205 south to the 5.
^^X2^^ on what BigJim45 posted at this point in time...good to Bend area, but from Bend to 1-5 is not good....bad visibility and air quality is horrid.

Gaffer

20 to Bend. South on 97 to 138. 138 to I-5 @ Roseburg. You won't go through anymore smoke than there is currently in Roseburg / Canyonville.

Lou_and_Bette

We are leaving for the Canyonville Rally on 9/4 and have been watching the wildfire activity.
Have been planning I-80 to SLC then I-84 to Hwy 20 and across thru Bend.
The Bend area seems to have a number of fires and not sure of this route.
I could go N. to Portland then down to Canyonville or I-80 to Sacramento and N on 5 but seems like I-5 around Medford could be a problem?

Need some local knowledge.

Just went through Sisters this morning getting on 20 from 126 out of Redmond without problems. We went from Crooked River to Tillamook today and didn't have any difficulties.

LBR

Do keep updated on the fire situations in Oregon...Approx. 45 miles of I-84 by Cascade Locks was recently closed. The PNW is a heck of a smokehouse and hotspot right now.

Titanguy

Do keep updated on the fire situations in Oregon...Approx. 45 miles of I-84 by Cascade Locks was recently closed. The PNW is a heck of a smokehouse and hotspot right now.

Smoke is secondary right now. Left Elkhart on 9/4 and only made Joliet, IL. before check engine light comes on and tells me I have 150 miles before reducing speed to 5 mph. This is probably a DEF problem again. This has happened 3x before on 2014 Ram 3500. There is an autoworkers strike going on in greater Chicago area. 1st dealer on Tuesday said it would be 2 weeks before they could look at it. Found a dealer in Naperville that would look at it on Wednesday so I moved trailer closer to the dealer. Wednesday I only had 23 miles to shutdown on the truck! Hoping to get the truck back sometime today. Then make a dash for Canyonville.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Smoke is secondary right now. Left Elkhart on 9/4 and only made Joliet, IL. before check engine light comes on and tells me I have 150 miles before reducing speed to 5 mph. This is probably a DEF problem again. This has happened 3x before on 2014 Ram 3500.
Ron, there is a recall of some sort that is related to the problem you are having.
Seems that there was a flash a while back that added extra fuel during regen to compensate for problem which in turn caused another problem. That problem is the problem that you are experiencing.
Have your dealer check for TO5P86 and TO5P87.

Peace
Dave

Titanguy

Ron, there is a recall of some sort that is related to the problem you are having.
Seems that there was a flash a while back that added extra fuel during regen to compensate for problem which in turn caused another problem. That problem is the problem that you are experiencing.
Have your dealer check for TO5P86 and TO5P87.

Peace
Dave

The dealer indicated there were 3 recalls, 2 related to emissions system. Hopefully I will have a completion estimate today.

Thanks,
Ron