Emerald Cove Resort, Earp, CA/Parker AZ

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
DW and I accepted an invite by this Colorado River Adventure resort on the Colorado River and they bribed us with $50 and $200 in gas certificates and we got to stay for free for 5 days and 4 nights if we came on a Sunday and listened to their 30 minute spiel. So on March 16-20, 2008, we drove 5 hours in cold and windy weather to visit this large resort. We were lucky to get in the second row facing the river. Lo and behold there were 3 Bighorns of all sizes and 2 Landmark Augustas in the park. We met a few of them and I gave them the forum web address that they didn't even know about. They all were real nice people and it was a cool resort as well with 30-50 amp hookups with city water, cable and sewage. It got into the high 80's by Tuesday and we went cruising into Parker, AZ and up thru Parker Dam and on to Lake Havasu City. All of it was quite beautiful if you like the desert.
When we returned to the park, unfortunately the keys to our rig were missing, and my DW was miserable. We had friends with us so I figured we would just sleep in their rig that nite and get a locksmith the next morning. However management had a maintenance guy named "Cowboy" who came to our site and had 50 master keys on a chain. The second one worked, so I slipped him $25 and he made copies for us. He took off the handle and beneath it was the code so if you lose your keys, you will always know your master key number to obtain a replacement key. Guess it's not worth locking the rig, as my storage keys worked on my friends Weekend Warrior as well. Anyway the story goes we searched high and low and couldn't find our original keys. This story has a happy ending as we were packing to leave I found the original keys next to the cooler and now we have 4 keys LOL. and met 5 Heartland Owners. What a great trip. Hope to see some of you again on our future travels.:D

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Man, what a great attitude...I'd still have a head of steam up! I hate losing stuff like keys, cell phone, my b**t if it wasn't attached. I need to take a lesson from you.

wish I could.

thanks

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Here's your Keys...

Normally I do not loose my keys, cell phone or things like that. I just loose my pen or pocket knife.

Everytime I get something that requires keys, I have extra sets so usually that I have 4 full sets. For my Bighorn, I keep one set in my pocket, my wife has one in her purse (she usually leaves it in the the Bighorn), I have a spare set in a key box stored in the cabinet and keep one set in the Truck. If I loose my set, I will use the one in the truck then take the spare set in the key box and make another for me. Just in case I have a set at my daughters house.

When I traded in my other 5er and handed the dealer the set of keys he really looked at me, like well do you have any more?

Never had to call a locksmith, but now that I have told the world about my keys I will probably miss place them all some time in the future..LOL..

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Nope dont belong to CRA we just go on free trips as all these membership clubs will do just about anything to try to get u to join up. So far we have been to Desert Pools RV Park in Desert Hot Springs for Western Horizons (dont go unless you are at least 80), Avila Beach Ocean Canyon Park for Reynolds and Reynolds (horrible, and the original crash site), and we are going to Bass Lake in a few months. We have had free offers from 1000 trails, RPI, Coast to Coast, heck, we could do this for a year if we wanted to. Our favorite paying park is Wine Country RV Resort in Paso Robles. J Lohr was the best wine tasting of them all. Glad we were staying close by as I was a little soused after the sixth winery in one day. LOL Btw, haven't bought into any of these memberships, as if we do it will be a used one.

billd

We ended up buying at a CRA membershio at Emerald Cove. We have been comming out here for the past 6 years a lot, so it made sense to us. Cowboy is a cool person and does help out a lot there.

Bill