Entrance door frosted glass

eddylives

I remember seeing on this site (I think) a replacement window from the frosted glass to a clear glass. Thought there was one that even opened? Or had a built in shade?
Are these still available?
Or has someone done the swap themselves by replacing the factory glass with lexan/plexiglass type material?
And if they have what did they do for a shade or curtain for privacy?

Kathi-27

on landmark section ck out jess's upgrade index under mod section. he changed his out. I also changed out ours. not hard at all. Jerrod photos and explains all his mods. might have to ask Jerrod for the info. couldn't find the mod when I looked. might have just over looked it. we bought normal tinted glass and took it and had it tinted darker to match the other glass. was cheaper than getting it already dark tinted. glass is 1/8 x 12 1/2 x 21 1/2 tempered glass square cut. should be around 40 for glass and 20 to have tinted.

jbeletti

I remember seeing on this site (I think) a replacement window from the frosted glass to a clear glass. Thought there was one that even opened? Or had a built in shade?
Are these still available?
Or has someone done the swap themselves by replacing the factory glass with lexan/plexiglass type material?
And if they have what did they do for a shade or curtain for privacy?

Check out EDWIN - link

edwin-vs-traditional.jpg

Attachments

• EDWIN-Installation-Guide.pdf
    682.1 KB · Views: 67

justafordguy

I replaced the frosted glass in our door with a piece of 1/8" Lexan I had Lowes cut for me. Cost about $8 and took less than 15 minutes. ;)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Try going to their website and ordering one. Mine came in at $310, tinted window, black frame, single pane. Try going to Lowes, HD etc and ordering windows for your S&B......

Thanks Jim for the link, another one of my projects....

Well, that's true, paid more for house window that was fogged before we sold the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewwood

I replaced just the glass in mine with a grey tinted safety glass I ordered from a local glass shop. It matched the tint on the rest of the windows and we like being able to see out that window. Don't ask why it was necessary to replace the window.