Eric and Alice's 2014 plans

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We're currently at a Walmart in south Ga. Tomorrow we finish the trek to Tampa. We'll be there until April.

We saw two Bighorns traveling together down 75 today but they didn't have owner plaques.

I'm starting to think we're the slowest RVers on the road. Had a dozen rigs pass us today. Saw 82 rigs in the north bound lane.

Anyone going to the Tampa show?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

davebennington

Eric and Alice,

We will be at the Tampa show, stop by the Heartland Owners table and say Hi.

As far as traveling slow don't let it bother you, most of the time you will see those rigs sitting with blown tires, broken springs or some other problem. The key is to arrive safe with your rig still intact.

dave

jjriker

Yup Alice us too. People pass us by all the time, so I guess we're driving slow too! I'd rather enjoy the journey and try to keep our tires in better shape at the same time. :)

slborba

Same here.....I can certainly pull my FW with my 3500HD easy day at 70+ (not that I've tried.....LOL), but I will not do it. I drive btwn 55/60 and I arrive alive - and my FW and truck are better for it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sure, I could probably pull mine with the pedal to the metal...until I had to stop it. Then I might find us sitting in the recliners in the rear of the rig. 65 is plenty fast for me when towing.

VKTalley

Eric and Alice, the Traveling Talleys will be at the Tampa show! We will be arriving at LazyDayz on January 12, coming from Walt Disney World. Would love to see you both again!!! We have rigs pass us all the time as Malcolm has set his comfort zone speed limit when towing at about 62 mph. Like Jessica (jjriker), we prefer to enjoy the journey and arrive safe.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Eric & Alice, travel safely at your own comfortable pace. Getting to your destination safe & sound and calm.
Lin & I will be at the Tampa Show Heartland Club Booth Wednesday morning and touring the show in the afternoon. Hope to see you there.