EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Hattiesburg - 10/18/2012 to 10/21/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Early Arrivals on Monday at PBJ: Lou and Bette Dick, Bob and Barb Mansolino, Bobby and Peggy Sheedy, Wayne and Nita Cooper and Donna and Hogan. Anyone Today or Tamale? Nice cool morning with beautimous sunrise. Chance of rain Thursday then great weather for rest of week.

VKTalley

Hope all y'all have a great time this coming weekend! I will be sitting at home, with my broken foot propped up, wishing I was at least staying my in 5er.

hogan

For those arriving at PBJ for Rally,
Gatehouse is not manned; drive thru, follow Geiger lake road crossing low water spillway, check-in is at campground lodge located on right side of road. Don't try to pull in parking lot:: Too Tight!! Follow road on around and watch for Heartland sign. Our camping area is at end of road.

hogan

There is a spot where you can pull to side and park; walk down to office but it is okay to park your rig on site then go back to office to check in.

hogan

The sun is out, the sky is blue,
There's not a cloud, to spoil the view
And it's Rally Time, time to circle in.

Rigs are rollin in, stories set to spin,
looking for lumpias, what rig to find them in
And it's Rally Time, time to meet new friends.

ALAMISSIBAMASIPPI, we can all agree,
Heartlanders are the best, let the good times roll, YIPPEE!!

BurmaShave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hogan, Kelly and I really do wish that we were there to take in all the fun that your rallies have. Hoping for all the great weather, Fun, Friends and fellowship that you and all the AlaMissibamassippi attendees can handle. Have fun and enjoy another Great Heartland Rally!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ya'll have fun!!! Wish we could be there but this darn thing known as work ....

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I agree with Nathan and Byrd, work (parkhosting) sucks when there are rallies going on...

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

​We are having a great time meeting the members of Heartland here at PBJ.​​ Our first rally. The food at the Meet & Greet last night was good. And I'll need a few recipes from Donna and several others. The fudge brownie thingamaBobs were excellent. It looks like a good place to be if you like to eat. Great meeting ya'll & looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

hogan

Steve and Nonna, we are happy to have you Rallying with us. Weather is perfect, great group of folks, good food,great park, let the good times roll.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
So glad you're having a good time, Steve! Give everyone extra hugs from us! Miss everyone!

hogan

Thanks for all the good comments. I forgot to mention that we are adding two new members to Heartland Owners Club at this Rally, Dave and Linda Mingus, Dave 49, and Harry and Betty Lindsey, Goldenbetty and Dirty Harry. Dave and Linda just happened to be camping in PBJ when we arrived. HAPPY to have both couples join HOC.

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

Here's some pictures of the nice lake here at the rally. The Rv's are NitaWayne's (GetnBye) & The Sheedy's. at 0715

Attachments

• 2012-10-20_07-16-02_15.jpg
    2012-10-20_07-16-02_15.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 2012-10-20_07-21-27_688.jpg
    2012-10-20_07-21-27_688.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 39

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great pics! You should send them in for the calendar project.

As the editor of Heartland Highlights, I'd be interested to use them in the Newsletter. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hogan

Early Report on AlaMissiBamaSippi Rally; Perfect Fall weather, great location, wonderful Heartland folks, and two new members. Bob Mansolino showed us how to repair Corian/manmade material countertops yesterday; pics and steps to follow on forum. Then Goldenbetty and Dirty Harry Lindsey showed us how to do emergency tire change; good tips there. Before Potluck, we had a mini 50 year reunion for Bobby and Peggy Sheedy who chose to Rally with us forgoing Bobby's 50 year re-union at Cleveland, MS. Complete with school colors and singing the school Alma Mater.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.