EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OR, Silverton - 7/29/2016 to 7/31/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Rich and Robin,
Again we will miss you at a rally. It has been a long time since you have made it to one of ours. Hopefully whatever came up is a good thing and you enjoy your summer.

As Jim said, please call and cancel with the park so we can fill that site.

Is there anyone out there who would like to come to our rally but has not signed up? I would love to hear from you and maybe you can get a site now that there has been a cancellation.

- - - Updated - - -

A suggestion for Thursday dinner. http://www.ropesausage.com/menu Although we haven't eaten there, we always stop when in the area to pick up their sausages.

That looks like an interesting menu Pat. Maybe some of the group would like to check it out Wednesday or Thursday night. There is a place in Silverton called the Wooden Nickel. They will be doing the catering for us and their menu looks really good too. They also have live music sometimes.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Maybe we can arrange a dinner out Friday night if the majority of the group would like that, or we can do the traditional potluck dinner Friday night and get to know each other that way?

What do people want Friday night? Potluck at the park or a group no host dinner someplace near by? Cast your vote by posting or emailing me.
Kristy

RVFun4Us

Kristy & Mark,

Unfortunately we also have to cancel our Silverton and Anacortes trips. Sheri's mom is in the hospital and will need after-care when she is released. We will have our hands full with all that. So hopefully you have another party that can grab our spot. I will call Silver Spur and Toutle River and let them know. Thanks and have fun at the rally.

Bob and Sheri Dolan

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Oh no! So sorry you have to miss the rallies for something so terrible. Hopefully, we will see you guys before too long.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
7/6/2016
Hi Everyone!!!

We are getting closer to the rally. Right now we have 14-16 rigs arriving with the caravan on the 27th and a couple arriving on their own that day. Please see the first post of this thread for the info I have on file. If your plans have changed, please let me know.

Also in the first post are several changes I have just made to the itinerary and details of the rally. We will have a potluck on Friday night, catered dinner on Saturday night, and dessert will be provided by the club on Saturday night.

Please see the highlighted (bold) info in the first post for details. You will get a detailed itinerary during check-in on Friday starting at NOON.

We are at Casey's RV right now and will head to Toutle River RV park soon. Updates will be posted as needed. Please stay tuned. Same bat time - same bat channel. (if you don't remember where that came from, you might be too young! ;))

Dan & Sally Sullivan

Hi Kristy & Mark,
We changed the date we are leaving your Rally. (bummer) We will now be leaving on Sunday Morning. Also we had to cancel the WA Rally (another bummer). However we are going to be camping at Casey's before the rally. Finally we will be arriving at Silverton on Tuesday. Can't wait to see old friends and met new ones. We both look forward to seeing the area. Plus a BIG THANKYOU for all the work you do to put on a rally.
Sally

GregBassine

Hey Guys,

We paid for our first night (Char & Greg Bassine). Just a FYI. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

2014 3260EL Bighorn
2012 Chevy Silverado Short Bed
Cummins Diesel with Allison Transmission
Black Lab Cooper

Venue:
------------------------------

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 30
  • Register by end of day 6/30/2016
  • Site fee: $34 + tax per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20 per rig
  • Potluck: Yes (could become a catered meal instead)
  • Potluck date: 7/29/2016
  • Potluck time: TBD

Additional Info:
This park is about 14 miles from Salem, OR on Hwy 213 to the East. It is centrally located for side trips to Salem, Silver Falls State Park, the Oregon Gardens, and Mount Angel. Golf, fishing, and wine tasting are popular activities in this area, in addition to everything Salem, our state capital, has to offer.

To make reservations, you will contact us with the required information (see below) to be put on the roster. We will send that roster to the park on July 1st. Payment to the park must be made upon check in. Any changes to your reservation status must be made with the park directly after June 30th.

Required Information:

Arrival and Departure Dates
First and Last Names
Address
Rig Size and Type
Phone
Email

Rally activities and announcements will be updated in this post as they become available.

CARAVAN INFO
If you are planning to attend the Oregon Chapter rally, we are planning a caravan to the Toutle River RV Resort on Monday, July 25 where we will stay two nights. The caravan will then head to the rally in Silverton, OR on Wednesday, July 27. You will need to make your own reservations at Toutle River RV Resort, 360-274-8373 on or after January 4, 2016. When you do, let them know you are part of the Heartland Owners Club so we will all be together. Please let us know if you plan to caravan so that we can make sure the RV park holds enough spaces for us.

Sponsor Information
Sutton RV of Eugene is anxious to take part in our rally again this year! They will provide dinner Saturday night and have 3 Landmarks in the park for everyone to walk through and drool over.

Golden Nugget Auction!!!!!
To provide additional funding above the allotment Heartland provides for local rallies, we will hold an auction as is our tradition with a western theme. Please bring a prize you would like to receive valued between $15 and $20 to donate to the Golden Nugget Auction if you wish to participate.

:D:D 4/3/2016 Updates: I have turned in the registration list to the park and everyone on the list has been registered in the park.

Please start calling the park and giving them your first night's fee. Be sure to mention that you are with the Heartland group and make sure they have you down for the correct dates. The park owners, Matt and Jamie, should be the people you talk to since they know what is going in the with the rally. They are there Tuesday through Saturday.

Tentative Itinerary (subject to minor changes!)
So far:
+ Friday Check-In pick up rally bags and final itinerary.
+ Friday Afternoon: Sight Seeing - Put your destination on the white board in our site if you don't mind others joining you. See Mark and Kristy for ideas.
+ Friday 5:30 PM potluck in the park. Please provide a dish that will serve at least 10 people. Last name A-G = entree, Last name H-N = Dessert, Last name M-Z = side dish.
+ Friday Night after dinner: campfire /social time.
+ Saturday Morning: breakfast in the park $5 per person (optional) and turn in Raffle prizes. Golden Nuggets go on sale - see Mark for info.
+ Saturday Afternoon: Sight Seeing - Put your destination on the white board in our site if you don't mind others joining you. See Mark and Kristy for ideas.
+ Saturday Night 5:30 PM Dinner provided by Sutton RV and the Club with Dessert provided by the Club.
Menu
BBQ Tri-Tip carved onsite
Baked Potato Bar
Steamed Green Beans
Jalepeno Bacon Mac and Cheese
Green Salad with two dressings
Garlic Bread

+ Saturday Night after dinner:
Dessert, Golden Nugget Auction, and Charity Auction. (I'm sure Mark will be in a "good" mood by then! :angel:)
We will also auction a couple of very nice things to benefit Dogs for the Deaf.

+ Saturday Night after the raffle: campfire /social time. FIREBALL!!!!
+ Sunday Morning farewell breakfast provided by the Club.

Snacks, bottled water, soft drinks, and some beer will always be available in Mark and Kristy's site. Make yourself at home in our yard. Bring a chair and stay awhile! That's always the best part of the rally, well, other than the food....

The confirmed list so far:

7/6/2016 UPDATE: We have 28 registered due to cancellations. If you are interested in attending, call the park to see if they have sites left, then contact me to let me know you are coming. If you need help, just let me know.

Arrival
DepartClub #LastFirstUser
Caravan
Paid 1st Night
7/278/12420AndersonDoug & DorisGrampafishYesX
7/277/312798BassineGreg & CharleneGregBassineYes
7/287/312875BrownellLarry & JudyBrownie14No
7/278/61024CarlsonMark & KristyziggyYesX
7/287/31867DeShazoJerry & KristidarkhawkNo
7/278/12336DitrichRod & KellyFor20HunterYesX
7/278/12487DitrichDuke & JanjmditrichYesX
7/288/12036EarlsJerry & DebdebjerNoX
7/278/11731EnglishTom & MarlatenglishYesX
7/268/22234GarciaDick & DianadjgarciaNoX
7/278/12046HaleChuck & DonnaLTZNoX
7/288/12676HardtPaul & Candacepaulhto Toutle RiverX
7/278/21661HoleDavid & PatshelsayYesX
7/277/31778HomrighausAl & Pamalcan16500NoX
7/278/11809KramerJohn & DebbiejdfishingYesX
7/278/11869McLaughlinBrucemanzanYesX
7/278/12617MinerJim & MelodyBigJim45NoX
7/287/31872MogensonDon & AliciadonmogeyNo
7/277/312537Nisson/RogersSonja & JulieSonjaYesX
7/268/2SOBO'ConnorSteve & NicolSOB/GarciaNoX
7/277/313076O'DonnellJohn & KathyODonnellNo
7/277/311723SargentBob & BoNorthCal BobYesX
7/277/313170SchroederBob & Maggierschroe8YesX
7/268/11715SullivanDan & SallyDan & Sally Sullivanfrom Toutle RiverX
7/278/12434WadeSteve & CarolTheWade2YesX
7/298/12648WalterBob and KimSeattleLionNoX
7/278/12481WandSteve & IdasuperwandYesX
7/298/12474ZumwaltJohn & BecciBeccito Toutle River

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Good to hear. We are looking forward to it too.

Mark and I went to check out the park in person a couple of days ago. It is nice, even for having gravel sites. It wasn't too dusty and the grass, though small in the sites, was still green. Matt and Jamie were very nice and gave us a tour of the place so we could plan out what to do where. It has been raining the last few days, so hopefully the grass will still be green when we get there. Fortunately, there is a large area with tables on a patio with an open fire pit we can all fit into. The area is also surrounded by tent-like material with removable windows in case it is cool or wet while we are there.

We warned them about the caravan and they are excited to have such a large group arriving all at once and will be ready for us.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have an opening if you act quickly.
Unfortunately Sonja and Julie have had to cancel due to some recent events. They need to stay close to home to take care of themselves and poor little Lilly who has to have surgery.

We are pleased to announce that "rally virgins" Bill and Linda Memmer from Eagle Point will be joining us. They have been introduced to some of the group through camp-outs at Casey's, but this will be their first actual rally.

We have two people on the waiting list with the park. I notified the ones I have contact info for, so we will see what happens from here.

We are in Fildago Bay doing some exploring before the WA rally.

Kristy

- - - Updated - - -

Please, if you need to cancel for some reason, let me know before you call the park, if you can. That way we can make sure the people waiting to get into our rally get the site you can't use.

Thanks!
Kristy

Last edited:

Billiam

Super excited to be at our very first rally and looking forward to many more in the coming years!

Bill and Linda Memmer

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
More Good News!

Bruce ad Terri Zumwalt will be joining us since the park had a cancellation!

John Kramer has secured a couple of tee times for golf Friday AM. You can contact him (jdfishing) for details. People interested in golf should contact John directly since I dont even know what those times are let alone which park he called. lol

We are finishing the WA rally tonight which has turned out great. Congrats to Doug and Doris Anderson on their first rally!

See you next week.
Kristy

GregBassine

Hello Ziggy,

Is the Friday potluck still on?

Thanks

Char & Greg

Venue:

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 30
  • Register by end of day 6/30/2016
  • Site fee: $34 + tax per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20 per rig
  • Potluck: Yes (could become a catered meal instead)
  • Potluck date: 7/29/2016
  • Potluck time: TBD

Additional Info:
This park is about 14 miles from Salem, OR on Hwy 213 to the East. It is centrally located for side trips to Salem, Silver Falls State Park, the Oregon Gardens, and Mount Angel. Golf, fishing, and wine tasting are popular activities in this area, in addition to everything Salem, our state capital, has to offer.

To make reservations, you will contact us with the required information (see below) to be put on the roster. We will send that roster to the park on July 1st. Payment to the park must be made upon check in. Any changes to your reservation status must be made with the park directly after June 30th.

Required Information:

Arrival and Departure Dates
First and Last Names
Address
Rig Size and Type
Phone
Email

Rally activities and announcements will be updated in this post as they become available.

CARAVAN INFO
If you are planning to attend the Oregon Chapter rally, we are planning a caravan to the Toutle River RV Resort on Monday, July 25 where we will stay two nights. The caravan will then head to the rally in Silverton, OR on Wednesday, July 27. You will need to make your own reservations at Toutle River RV Resort, 360-274-8373 on or after January 4, 2016. When you do, let them know you are part of the Heartland Owners Club so we will all be together. Please let us know if you plan to caravan so that we can make sure the RV park holds enough spaces for us.

Sponsor Information
Sutton RV of Eugene is anxious to take part in our rally again this year! They will provide dinner Saturday night and have 3 Landmarks in the park for everyone to walk through and drool over.

Golden Nugget Auction!!!!!
To provide additional funding above the allotment Heartland provides for local rallies, we will hold an auction as is our tradition with a western theme. Please bring a prize you would like to receive valued between $15 and $20 to donate to the Golden Nugget Auction if you wish to participate.

:D:D 4/3/2016 Updates: I have turned in the registration list to the park and everyone on the list has been registered in the park.

Please start calling the park and giving them your first night's fee. Be sure to mention that you are with the Heartland group and make sure they have you down for the correct dates. The park owners, Matt and Jamie, should be the people you talk to since they know what is going in the with the rally. They are there Tuesday through Saturday.

Tentative Itinerary (subject to minor changes!)
So far:
+ Friday Check-In pick up rally bags and final itinerary.
+ Golf - Check with John Kramer (jdfishing) for details.
+ Friday Afternoon: Sight Seeing - Put your destination on the white board in our site if you don't mind others joining you. See Mark and Kristy for ideas.
+ Friday 5:30 PM potluck in the park. Please provide a dish that will serve at least 10 people. Last name A-G = entree, Last name H-M = Dessert, Last name N-Z = side dish.
+ Friday Night after dinner: campfire /social time.
+ Saturday Morning: breakfast in the park $5 per person (optional) and turn in Raffle prizes. Golden Nuggets go on sale - see Mark for info.
+ Saturday Afternoon: Sight Seeing - Put your destination on the white board in our site if you don't mind others joining you. See Mark and Kristy for ideas.
+ Saturday Night 5:30 PM Dinner provided by Sutton RV and the Club with Dessert provided by the Club.
Menu
BBQ Tri-Tip carved onsite
Baked Potato Bar
Steamed Green Beans
Jalepeno Bacon Mac and Cheese
Green Salad with two dressings
Garlic Bread

+ Saturday Night after dinner:
Dessert, Golden Nugget Auction, and Charity Auction. (I'm sure Mark will be in a "good" mood by then! :angel:)
We will also auction a couple of very nice things to benefit Dogs for the Deaf.

+ Saturday Night after the raffle: campfire /social time. FIREBALL!!!!
+ Sunday Morning farewell breakfast provided by the Club.

Snacks, bottled water, soft drinks, and some beer will always be available in Mark and Kristy's site. Make yourself at home in our yard. Bring a chair and stay awhile! That's always the best part of the rally, well, other than the food....

The confirmed list so far:

7/23/2016 UPDATE: We have 30 registered. If you are interested in attending, call the park to see if they have sites left, then contact me to let me know you are coming. If you need help, just let me know.

Arrival
DepartClub #LastFirstUser
Caravan
Paid 1st Night
7/278/12420AndersonDoug & DorisGrampafishYesX
7/277/312798BassineGreg & CharleneGregBassineYesX
7/287/312875BrownellLarry & JudyBrownie14No
7/278/21024CarlsonMark & KristyziggyYesX
7/287/31867DeShazoJerry & KristidarkhawkNo
7/297/311655DickeyFred & GloriaMr. DNoalt. park
7/278/12336DitrichRod & KellyFor20HunterYesX
7/278/12487DitrichDuke & JanjmditrichYesX
7/288/12036EarlsJerry & DebdebjerNoX
7/278/11731EnglishTom & MarlatenglishYesX
7/268/22234GarciaDick & DianadjgarciaNoX
7/278/12046HaleChuck & DonnaLTZNoX
7/288/12676HardtPaul & Candacepaulhto Toutle RiverX
7/278/21661HoleDavid & PatshelsayYesX
7/277/313360HomrighausAl & Pamalcan16500NoX
7/278/11809KramerJohn & DebbiejdfishingYesX
7/278/11869McLaughlinBrucemanzanYesX
7/278/12617MinerJim & MelodyBigJim45NoX
7/287/313257MogensonDon & AliciadonmogeyNoX
7/297/313326MemmerBill & LindaBilliamNo
7/268/2SOBO'ConnorSteve & NicolSOB/GarciaNoX
7/277/313076O'DonnellJohn & KathyODonnellNo
7/277/311723SargentBob & BoNorthCal BobYesX
7/277/313170SchroederBob & Maggierschroe8YesX
7/268/11715SullivanDan & SallyDan & Sally Sullivanfrom Toutle RiverX
7/278/12434WadeSteve & CarolTheWade2YesX
7/298/12648WalterBob and KimSeattleLionNoX
7/278/12481WandSteve & IdasuperwandYesX
7/297/313355ZumwaltBruce & TerriterribruceNoX
7/298/12474ZumwaltJohn & BecciBeccito Toutle River

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Potluck Friday. Contact John Kramer if interested in Golf Fri AM.

Unfortunately Steve and Ida Wand have had to cancel. Before I even got their email telling me, their spot had been snatched up by Auguie and Cheryl Henry. Fred and Gloria Dickey will be coming as well though they are staying at another park since the Silver Spur is full.

I haven't changed the list at the top yet but that is what is going on as far as I know at this minute.
Kristy

Status
Not open for further replies.