EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Elmendorf - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Port Aransas - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We'll wait and see how Port A comes through the storm and talk with the park before we make and decisions.

Keeping my fingers crossed and saying some prayers that we're still able to hold the rally at Pioneer...if not...we're Heartlanders, we'll just change course! (and plan another rally at Pioneer in the future!)

jimtoo

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We'll wait and see how Port A comes through the storm and talk with the park before we make and decisions.

Keeping my fingers crossed and saying some prayers that we're still able to hold the rally at Pioneer...if not...we're Heartlanders, we'll just change course! (and plan another rally at Pioneer in the future!)

Might start thinking about moving. Channel 3 news out of Corpus just reported Pioneer RV part is 100% devastated. If you have Directv check out 361-2. Giving some good pictures now around the area.

Jim M

jbeletti

Might start thinking about moving. Channel 3 news out of Corpus just reported Pioneer RV part is 100% devastated. If you have Directv check out 361-2. Giving some good pictures now around the area.

Jim M

Good to hear you and Bette are okay. I texted you yesterday. Guess you and I can't email or text :(

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired

That too bad!!! Bob I wonder what the neighboring one with all the private landscaping looks like??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine Gulf Waters or the Golf Course (Palmilla) look very good right now.

We visited friends out there, who were "renters", at Gulf Waters and just questioned why someone would put that kind of jack into a park this close to the Gulf that could get wiped out overnight.

We always knew it COULD happen, just really never thought it WOULD happen.

Very sad situation.

2psnapod1

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Elmendorf - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

***New Location Venue***

We have secured a new location for the south Texas Chapter Rally! Thank you to William Brown and Ann Maxwell for the suggestion!

I am currently waiting for the park manager to send me the contract and once that is done I will let you know when you can call and make your reservations. We're hoping that most of you will still be able to join us but understand if the new location doesn't fit into your plans.

Braunig Lake RV Resort
13550 Donop Road
Elmendorf, TX 78112

The park is just south of San Antonio off of I-37, which gives us a BIG playground to enjoy. The park offers dinner Friday night ($8.00 per person), breakfast both Saturday and Sunday morning ($5.00 per person). We have access to a large rally hall (100 person capacity).

Rates: $30 per night, $200 per week

The ONLY drawback is they have another rally coming in right after us and we will all need to depart on or by Monday October 9th. There were only 6 rigs that were originally scheduled to leave after that date so I'm hoping that in light of this little stumbling block everyone is ok altering their dates a little.

If you're attending the rally in Tyler the week before, this park is roughly 320 miles from Tyler Oaks...a good days drive but doable in one day...where Port A was over 500 so that's a good thing!

If you can give me an idea of how many of you still plan to make it to the rally, that would be appreciated. Please DO NOT call the park yet for reservations until I give you the go ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired

We have secured a new location for the south Texas Chapter Rally! Thank you to William Brown and Ann Maxwell for the suggestion!

I am currently waiting for the park manager to send me the contract and once that is done I will let you know when you can call and make your reservations. We're hoping that most of you will still be able to join us but understand if the new location doesn't fit into your plans.

Braunig Lake RV Resort
13550 Donop Road
Elmendorf, TX 78112

The park is just south of San Antonio off of I-37, which gives us a BIG playground to enjoy. The park offers dinner Friday night ($8.00 per person), breakfast both Saturday and Sunday morning ($5.00 per person). We have access to a large rally hall (100 person capacity).

The ONLY drawback is they have another rally coming in right after us and we will all need to depart on or by Monday October 9th. There were only 6 rigs that were originally scheduled to leave after that date so I'm hoping that in light of this little stumbling block everyone is ok altering their dates a little.

If you're attending the rally in Tyler the week before, this park is roughly 320 miles from Tyler Oaks...a good days drive but doable in one day...where Port A was over 500 so that's a good thing!

If you can give me an idea of how many of you still plan to make it to the rally, that would be appreciated. Please DO NOT call the park yet for reservations until I give you the go ahead.

That's where we were spending the night! We'll be there.

Chippendale

Still plan to attend, will arrive at Braunig Lake on the 4th and leave on Monday the 9th.

George Speir

Ted_Dee

We still plan to attend. We will arrive on the 4th and depart on the 8th.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re:EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Elmendorf - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

Braunig Lake RV Resort
13550 Donop Road
Elmendorf, TX 78112

We should be able to make it still. This is just as far as port a for us 5.5 hours.

jayc

Legendary Member

You know, I really had my heart set on Pioneer....guess I'll be able to change my mind and will be able to make it to this one.

Are you going to be able to change the tee shirt order? If we got one with the Port A location, it would be a keepsake as the first rally of the HOC to be cancelled due to a hurricane.

teasac69

We had not put our names on the Port A list yet but planned to come. We'll be in the 4th and leave on 8th.

LBallard

LIN and Debbie still plan to attend.

Pokiejoe

We still plan to be there...

2psnapod1

You know, I really had my heart set on Pioneer....guess I'll be able to change my mind and will be able to make it to this one.

Are you going to be able to change the tee shirt order? If we got one with the Port A location, it would be a keepsake as the first rally of the HOC to be cancelled due to a hurricane.

A new shirt design (incorporating Harvey) is in the works!! We'll just need to get new numbers if anyone drops out or joins but we'll need final number VERY soon.

- - - Updated - - -

We had not put our names on the Port A list yet but planned to come. We'll be in the 4th and leave on 8th.

Glad to have you! Please be sure to make a reservation with the park as soon as I let everyone know that we're good to go.

We're ordering t-shirts for everyone interested. Cost to club member is $5.00 for sizes Small - XL and $7.00 for 2XL and 3XL, if you're interested I'll need your order...Yesterday!

'Lil Guy'

Debbie and I are still going to come. Glad you could find another park so quick with such a short notice. See everyone there.

pegmikef

Mike and Peggy will be coming. Our T-shirt order stands. We will probably do Monday to Monday.

2psnapod1

That's where we were spending the night! We'll be there.

What dates do you plan on being at Braunig Lake, Nancy?

- - - Updated - - -

LIN and Debbie still plan to attend.

Same dates, Lin?

- - - Updated - - -

We still plan to be there...

Same dates (10/4 - 10/9) apply, Don?

- - - Updated - - -

Debbie and I are still going to come. Glad you could find another park so quick with such a short notice. See everyone there.

Hey Frank! Glad you're still with us! I got REALLY lucky finding this park so quick. Will you still be staying 10/4 - 10/9?

Ted_Dee

We still want shirts large and x large

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.