EVENT: Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally: NC, Waynesville - 10/12/2012 to 10/14/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Just in case you missed it here are the ingrdients for one of Larry's world famous camp lights. You can bring the supplies with you or there is a Lowes nearby in case you want to purchase them when you get there. Also the Waynesville area has a wide variety of fast food,resturants,auto supply stores, a super Walmart,etc.

Camp Light Supplies.

One of our planned activities will be to build a camp light. This is basically a portable post lamp like you would see in front of a house. These can be as fancy or simple as you desire.

Here are the supplies needed for a very simple lamp post. If you would like a post lamp, you can bring your own supplies. If you want something more than a simple lamp, e.g. two lights turned down etc., make sure you bring the material needed for this. If you have an idea in mind but would like me to help you figure the materials, PM me with a picture and I will do what I can to help you with the material list.

The light we build together will be raffled that night.

Lamp Post Materiel List:

1) PVC toilet flange
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20857&d=1345565503&thumb=1

1)//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20858&d=1345565580&thumb=1 5' section of PVC pipe. make sure you get the right size for your flange. Typically the flange and pipe will be 3"

1) Post light with a round flange or bottom like this.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20859&d=1345565674&thumb=1

1) 2 to 3' section of 3/4" PVC

2) 3/4" PVC end caps

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20860&d=1345565732&thumb=1

1) small can of PVC glue. No need for primer.

1) 10' exterior extension cord with ground.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20861&d=1345565808&thumb=1

The plug should like this.

lduguay

If Lance ever decides to get out of bed, he can post a picture of his. They are all different styles. We will be building one that looks like Lances and then Terry will give it away that night.

Yep, its a great thing to be camping and answering Larry's emails from the comfort of my BC bed, while overlooking the lake........and occasionally wondering what chores Larry is doing at home......ahhhhhh, the life!!!!
smiley-face-grin.jpg

Here are closeup pics of my Larry Light and a couple of Kim Pannell's SUPER LUXURY DELUXE model. Cost of parts for my Larry Light is about $40-50 and that included Larry Labor!

Kim said parts for the SUPER LUXURY DELUXE model was approx $100

LD1.JPGLD2.JPGKP1.JPGKP2.JPG (sign & plant not included)

Gracie4Camping

Love it! I may be interested, not sure yet. Not to change the subject (did a search not able to locate), does anyone have the directions on how to build a flag pole out of PVC that does not attach to the camper? Thanks in advance!

jimtoo

HI Chuck and Patty,

Is the flag pole your looking for? If it is, there is a mistake in the instructions. I'm sure you will find it, cause things don't add up.

Jim M

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Larry, You need to show a little more civility to Lance as He has not acquired the sage advice of his elders yet.
Heck, I am so old what did I just post. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We have a time for the Biltmore house . The reservation clerk was pretty firm on the following rules.

Our entry time AS A GROUP is 9:30AM, Saturday October 13th.

The group MUST check in at group ticket sales 45 minutes early ( 8:45 AM) or we will loose our time slot.
We have reserved up to twenty people so there is still room for more people. We can not go over the 20 person limit but if we don't have 20 it is fine-as long as we have at least 10 people.

Payment must be made by one person but can be made upon arrival. For that reason, we will have one person in charge of the group AND the money.
Just a note: I was going to let Lance handle it until the money thing came up
:rolleyes:, so I think we will let Nathaniel lead group since he is familiar with the Biltmore.

Really looking forward to this rally. Terry and Renee have put a lot effort and thought into this rally and it promises to be a good one!

SouthernNights

Larry, You need to show a little more civility to Lance as He has not acquired the sage advice of his elders yet.
Heck, I am so old what did I just post. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Randy, No I don't. It's not in the rule book. :p

SouthernNights

Love it! I may be interested, not sure yet. Not to change the subject (did a search not able to locate), does anyone have the directions on how to build a flag pole out of PVC that does not attach to the camper? Thanks in advance!

I will try and call Dick Hill (Hillonwheels) and see if he can post the materials he used for his. He has a very nice setup including solar lights to light up that WV flag.

Gus, there is a rule book for Lance but it really doesn't help much. ;)

lduguay

Gus, there is a rule book for Lance but it really doesn't help much. ;)

RULES, I don't need no STINKIN rules!!

Those are for people that have issues like the obsessive need to organize the spaghetti noodles on their plates, cut their waffles along the grid patterns or maybe even crawl BEHIND the walls of their campers and realign ALL the electrical and plumbing lines...........

Hmmmmmm, wonder who THAT sounds like?:rolleyes:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Haven't done the organizing behind basement walls yet but I'm one of those who organizes their food! Bring it on Lance.

SouthernNights

Chuck and Patty,
Talked with Dick Hill last about posting pictures of his flag pole setup. He is in a bad area for up loading pictures but he did send me these. He said he would post the BOM when he got better service. This really is a cool setup.

imagejpeg_2_2.jpgimagejpeg_2_3.jpgimagejpeg_2_4.jpgimagejpeg_2_5.jpgimagejpeg_2_6.jpgimagejpeg_2_9.jpgimagejpeg_2_7.jpgimagejpeg_2_8.jpg

lduguay

Haven't done the organizing behind basement walls yet but I'm one of those who organizes their food! Bring it on Lance.

Uh oh!!.........is having OCD a requirement for HOC Chapter Leadership:confused:

North Carolina might be in trouble next year!!!!!!
happy_face_scratching_chin_question_hg_wht.jpg

hillsonwheels

Will try to live up to Larry's standards when posting the BOM and general directions for creating the flag pole that has evolved after a few mods. He's a tough act to follow!

You will need:
2-solar landscape lights
1-4' metal rod (1/2" conduit or rebar)
1-2" o.d. x 3/4" i.d. metal washer
7-pcs of 1" pvc cut to:
3@12"
1@60"
1@1"
1@34"
1@62"
1-1" four way cross
2-a/c condensate traps that will fit in the 12" pieces
2-1" caps
1-1" tee
1-1" 45 degree fitting

Not all pieces are glued so they can be taken apart for storage.

Glue one 12" piece and the 60" piece into opposing positions on the four way. After gluing the a/c condensate traps on the other 12" pieces, they dry fit into the four way so they can be removed for storage. The solar lights come with adapters that allow them to dry fit into the trap.

On the other end of the 60" piece glue the tee, the 1" piece and the 45 degree fitting.

Glue end caps on the 34" and 62" pieces. These then dry fit into the tee and 45. (I found I had to add some set screws to hold them in high winds.)

Flags can be fastened to these pieces with screws or eyelet hooks. For storage remove from upright and furl around the pipe.

To stand them up: Drive the metal rod into the ground. Slide the metal washer down to the ground. Then slide glued together 12" and 60" assembly over the rod. Then add the light and flag assemblies.

Any questions..............call Larry!
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Lance, North Carolina isn't the only State in trouble, so is Virginia. I know I have a lot of things, but OCD ...?:eek:

rcox

will be at rally arrive 10-12, site #70, 2011 big country, rcox and wife linda, boys joey(yorkie) and ballou(shih tzu)

Status
Not open for further replies.