EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Rodanthe * - 4/30/2010 to 05/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Add one more pet to your "lost track of pets" numbers. BamBam (toy poodle) is also coming to meet new friends.
DSCN0890..jpg

We made it!! We took delivery of our Bighorn 3610RE just under a month ago and are still getting this owners thing figured out. We heard that we were invited to a big party and could get to know some great people, have some fun, and it was at the beach. What a bargain for us. We met Terry and Renee Deal through the web site and if everyone is as nice as they are; we definitely want to be a part of this group. We made resis to show up with the SC group coming from their Rally on Tuesday. We are Albert and Tamara Williams and we will add to the pet party with two Cavachons that love everyone they meet. THe folks at Hatteras did not give me a site number. I asked for one, but they said that they would give me one on arrival in the group sites. I see others with site numbers but I guess we will get the surprise site. Gus was kind enough to get our site number for us and we are in 414. Just an advanced warning for the neighbors, the DW says I snore but I think it's really her.

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We made it!! We took delivery of our Bighorn 3610RE just under a month ago and are still getting this owners thing figured out. We heard that we were invited to a big party and could get to know some great people, have some fun, and it was at the beach. What a bargain for us. We met Terry and Renee Deal through the web site and if everyone is as nice as they are; we definitely want to be a part of this group. We made resis to show up with the SC group coming from their Rally on Tuesday. We are Albert and Tamara Williams and we will add to the pet party with two Cavachons that love everyone they meet. THe folks at Hatteras did not give me a site number. I asked for one, but they said that they would give me one on arrival in the group sites. I see others with site numbers but I guess we will get the surprise site.

Welcome Albert and Tamara! It will be a pleasure to have you join us. I'm sending you an email to get a little more information for the rally, so look for that coming in soon. I think that you'll find that we're all as friendly and helpful as Terry and Renee (at least i hope so!). I'll contact the campground and get your site number verified and get that to you. I suspect our coordinator wasn't there and the other staff members sometimes forget to check the group reservations information, but that's easily fixable.

Gus

davebennington

Albert and Tamara Williams, AKA simplelife,

If you send me a PM or by email (dyocum881@yahoo.com) with your t-shirt sizes I will add them to the growing list. There is NO COST to you as they are provided free thanks to Heartland. The shirts are available in ladies and mens so I will need the proper size for both. One more thought if no one has told you about the Heartland Owners Club let me be the first, the benefits are many first you get a membership in a club with a very elite group in addition a membership to Passport America, as well as a very nice numbered plaque to mount on you coach. To many other benefits to go in to here if you are interested contact me or Jim Beletti.

Terry and Renee are great people we met them at the dealer that we both purchased our units.

Dave & Julie

Hello All,
Just made my reservation for the rally. This will be my first rally with an RV and we are looking forward to it. We will be in site 342...so come on over and say hello. I look forward to meeting you all.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Wow Gus,

This is great and name tags are a never ending business. Keep it up! I just love job security.

BTW at this rate you will have to do stats every hour!

boatto5er

Hello All,
Just made my reservation for the rally. This will be my first rally with an RV and we are looking forward to it. We will be in site 342...so come on over and say hello. I look forward to meeting you all.

Welcome Scott and Becky - great to have you joining us! Check out Dave's post a couple up about the T-shirt order. I'll get you added to our rally list. Should have a "near final" agenda coming out soon. See you soon. Will contact you by email or PM for some more information.

Gus

boatto5er

Wow Gus,

This is great and name tags are a never ending business. Keep it up! I just love job security.

Don't think I could keep up with that!!! However - we are up to 42 rigs, plus 2 more coming for display from Chesapeake RV Solutions.

boatto5er

Wow Gus,

OK Deb, I accepted your challenge and added a couple of new categories:

# of Rigs = 44
# of People = 97
# of States = 12 (FL=1, IL=1, MD=3, MN=1, NC=10, NJ=2, OH=1, PA=2, SC=1, TN=1, VA=20, WV=1)
Longest Drive = 1405miles (the Younger's, Circle Pines, MN)
Shortest Drive = 37 miles (the Hall's, Kitty Hawk, NC)
Total Miles = 13,790
Avg Miles = 313
Earliest Arrival = Apr 25 (Hill's, FL and Mathis's, TN) (There may be more - my records are weak here )
Latest Departure = May 6 (Hill's)
First Time to Attend a Rally Organized by the “Virginians” = 17
Have attended all 3 rallies (including this one) organized by the “Virginians” = 9
Big Country = 8
Big Horn = 14
Cyclone = 2
Landmarks = 10
North Trail = 5
Sundance = 5

Last edited:

boatto5er

Just recently added 2 other rigs to the attendee list:

Eric and Hallie Grubaugh, Rougemont, NC (Lazydaze)
John and Fran Stahl, Virginia Beach, VA (No forum screenname yet)

We're growing all the time!

Nabo

Eric & Hallie, John and Fran - glad to have ya'll on board and can't wait to meet ya.

boatto5er

I'm getting 10 more sites from the campground! That's gives us twelve left to fill. I'll also let the cat out of the bag. I have one "Waterview/premium" site available. HOWEVER, you cannot ask for it. At the end of March I will put all the names in a hat and let my 5 year old grandson pick one out. I will also have him draw a few alternates. I will then contact the lucky "drawees" in order to see if they want the site until someone says yes, they'll take it. PLEASE - DO NOT call the campground and ask for that site. They will not give it to you (at least they better not!). Good luck. We're at 44 rigs, + 2 demo rigs from Chesapeake RV right now and have 98 people coming.

Nabo

OK Gus - the name is MATHIS - so go ahead and put it down on a nice big piece of paper. Let's see - please bend at least one corner for EZ pickup. Thanks (heehee)

boatto5er

OK Gus - the name is MATHIS - so go ahead and put it down on a nice big piece of paper. Let's see - please bend at least one corner for EZ pickup. Thanks (heehee)

Hmmmm, maybe I should just do an Ebay auction...(just kidding!)

Nabo

Question - Is the rally leaning toward a theme? Don't want to be caught shorthanded on deco.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
One step closer to 100 people Gus. Niki and i will have my sister travelling with us. that make 99?

Status
Not open for further replies.