EVENT: RV.net Rally: TX, Kerrville - 2/13/2013 to 02/17/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

danemayer

Driftwood for a meal at Salt Lick BBQ - saw this on the Food Channel and have not been able to shake it
The Salt Lick is excellent! Bit of a drive.

Wish we could join in, but we don't get in until tomorrow afternoon.

jbeletti

Re: My Kerrville, TX plans and thereafter

A lot of rigs are here now. A large number rolled in today. Temps remain cool.

18 of us went to Billy and Gene's. Pretty good food and not expensive. Dessert was yummy too.

jbeletti

The Salt Lick is excellent! Bit of a drive.

Wish we could join in, but we don't get in until tomorrow afternoon.

Easy for me to say, but leave earlier, then meet us in Fredericksburg before we roll to Salt Lick. Terry H is thinking about doing that.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Hope you guys have a great time this year, we won't be able to make it this time around so hopefully next year. It was fun last year and Buckhorn RV is a nice place.
I need a job like JB so I can travel the country having fun all over the place, his facebook posts give me a bit of jealousy :) hehe

happykraut

Thank you Plumerdude. Turned out we were dealing with multiple problems. Pat went out of his way to help me out. A hacksaw put the finishing touches on the job. And Jim, he's labor rate was great.

plumberdude

Bernie,
You are welcome! I am always willing to help! And yes my labor rates are cheap!
Thank you for the brownies!

Pat

jbeletti

Tomorrow (Tuesday, Feb 12), another early arrivals outing in the making for those interested. Not much of a coordinated thing - just more of my itinerary. Feel free to join in.

Breakfast at the RV
Fredericksburg to walk around for a an hour or two
Driftwood for a meal at Salt Lick BBQ - saw this on the Food Channel and have not been able to shake it

My guess is that I'll head out around 10 am or so.
Maybe leave Fredericksburg around Noon/1pm or so.
Head over to Driftwood to Salt Lick - about an hour from Fredericksburg

Salt Lick BBQ
18300 FM 1826
Driftwood, TX 78619
512-858-4959
http://www.saltlickbbq.com/
Map Link

Hey gang - this item on my planned itinerary is not gaining much traction. No legs at all :) So, time to regroup. Anyone have any plans for today (Tuesday)?

jbeletti

OK - Nancy and I have made a plan. We are leaving today (Tuesday) "around" 11 am for Fredericksburg. We plan to have lunch, then go to the Nimitz Museum.

Who's in?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Still thinkin about a trip to Fredericksburg, but first I gotta heal the sick. So maybe.Working on raising the dead....not quite perfected yet though.PeaceDave

happykraut

Re: My Kerrville, TX plans and thereafter

Jim, thanks for the dogs last night and thanks Nelly, your cakes were great. I didn't eat anything else. Fun little gathering.

jbeletti

Thanks Bernie. Yes, we had a great time at the Beletti homestead last night. 40 to 50 people here for hot dogs. Thanks for cooking, Cookie! Nelly cakes, yummy!

Had a great time in the rally hall playing dominoes afterwards.

Jim

Speedy

Thank you Plumerdude. Turned out we were dealing with multiple problems. Pat went out of his way to help me out. A hacksaw put the finishing touches on the job. And Jim, he's labor rate was great.

Way to go Plumerdude! Another great Heartlander going above and beyond the call! Everyone stand, hats off, thumbs up, glasses raised, Thank You!

happykraut

All good things must come to an end. Judi and I are pulling out about 7:30 to head into town for a new set of Michelins, on to Northern Tools(if there is room to park) to pick up a bottle jack and then on to Aransass Pass. We had a great time meeting new friends and visting with old fiends again. The food was excellent and we enjoyed Buckhorn. See you's in Goshen.

jbeletti

Well, I guess we'll add our goodbyes to this thread too. We had a blast this past week here in Kerrville. Weather during the day has been really nice. The company here (both Heartlanders and others) has been top notch.

Between hanging out with friends, eating out with friends, Munzee hunting, sight seeing, show going, shopping, domino playing and more - whew, time for a break!

Thanks to all the Heartlanders for helping to make the RV.net rally a fun time for all and for doing a supper job of leaving all non-Heartlanders at this rally feeling like it truly was a rally of all brands.

See a bunch of you in the Aransas Pass area later today for the next week for us.

Jim, Nancy and Emme

olcoon

Sally & I want to add that we also had a blast at the rally! We made new friends, & reconnected with old friends. As always rv.net has put on a super rally, thanks to all those involved for all the hard work you have done! This is one of the best rallys we've attended! Also just wanted to add that Kevin, Nelly & us are sitting at a lot Karnes City, TX waiting for gates to open. There are 3 rigs here besides us. One of them is a Sundance, we've told him about HOC & the forum, so maybe a new member!

Status
Not open for further replies.