EVENT: RV Show: PA, Hershey - 9/15/2010 to 9/19/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

truknutt

Committed Member
Re: Hershey Show Update for Club Table Volunteers

Cheryl/Jim,

Hey, I wanna exchange my shirt!!! Actually Nona wants to. You may also when you see the size of the women's shirts.....

dieselsweetheart

I just send an email to Jim B about the shirt issue and I'd like to get new ones shipped in...all mens...he will get back to me this AM I'm sure and we'll discuss our next move. I don't get why the ladies shirts are so small. What size did you have Dave? Is yours too small too?

Anyone else have problems with your shirt?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

OH YEAH!! Checked it this morning...no way I can way what they are calling an X-Large...Ken's is fine.

dieselsweetheart

I talked to Jim...if your shirt doesn't fit, you can just wear a rally shirt if you have one...he will order you a larger size and send it out as a keepsake...but they can't get made up and delivered for show time. Sorry guys...I was not made aware (and Jim didn't know either) that ladies shirts run about 1 to 2 sizes smaller because they are tailored for ladies. If you can't wear your shirt, bring it back. I will bring along any extras I have but I don't think I have any better sizes in the excess stash.

Just return your shirt to me if you are unable to wear it...and wear a rally shirt! Thanks!!!

truknutt

Committed Member

Had a great time this wekend "working", okay hanging out at the Owner's Club table. The weather was fantastic, the camaraderie was enjoyable and I got to see the newest Heartlands. Soooo many models, sooo many little changes; how does one keep up with them all??! An added bonus was getting to see the Cyclone 3612 Full Throttle up close & personal!! Hey Wilkins RV..give me the price and I'll save you from hauling it back to NY; I'll get Jim H. to start knocking out the back wall of the garage so it will fit!!

Jim H: instead of a bay window, I figure another roll up door in the back of the barn so I can access the Cyclone's garage without pulling it out of its docking station. Start working on those plans!

Thanks again to Jim B for allowing us to keep you entertained & fed..

Hats off to Cheryl & Jim H for organizing the dinner, the "work" schedule, & the gathering at your camp site last night.

dieselsweetheart

Thank YOU Truknutt for your kind words and yes it was a fun time...I'm thankful the weather cooperated for most of the show!! The dieselengineer said he is gonna make your garage a drivethrough~

For those of you couldn't be here this year but would like to include a trip next year to the Hershey RV show...my advice is BOOK NOW!!!! Campsites go fast, especially in Hershey Highmeadow. We had a fun time and would love more owners to join us. The dates for the Hershey RV show next year are Sept 14-18th. If you come in earlier, we will have the same kick-off dinner on the 13th...

dieselsweetheart

Hershey recommended CGs

First choice:

Hershey Highmeadow... (717) 534-8999

Hershey/Conewago CG (717) 367-1179

RollingHome

Cheryl, Jim B, it was our pleasure meeting you both at the Hershey RV show. Always a pleasure to connect a face with a name. RV shows are boring after buying the best :)

T&P

PS, my wife's cousin just bought a LM, so it's a winner for all.

dieselengineer

Charter Member

Had a great time this wekend "working", okay hanging out at the Owner's Club table. The weather was fantastic, the camaraderie was enjoyable and I got to see the newest Heartlands. Soooo many models, sooo many little changes; how does one keep up with them all??! An added bonus was getting to see the Cyclone 3612 Full Throttle up close & personal!! Hey Wilkins RV..give me the price and I'll save you from hauling it back to NY; I'll get Jim H. to start knocking out the back wall of the garage so it will fit!!

Jim H: instead of a bay window, I figure another roll up door in the back of the barn so I can access the Cyclone's garage without pulling it out of its docking station. Start working on those plans!

Thanks again to Jim B for allowing us to keep you entertained & fed..

Hats off to Cheryl & Jim H for organizing the dinner, the "work" schedule, & the gathering at your camp site last night.

Dave
Rollup door, great idea Then the garage will be a pull thru site.

dieselsweetheart

Tom and Patti, that was a nice surprise to see you at the show! And how exciting that there is a new LM in the family!! Now let's do some rallying!!!!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired

We feel all alone at High Meadows CG the park is about only 20% full . Beth and I enjoyed visiting with people this w/e and were glad to see so many HL owners that stop by and said hi !!! We also had many owners stop by that haven't ever been on this forum !! We gave them the info they needed !! Cheryl & Jim thank you for pulling off a great weekend !! Plan to reserve in the AM for next Year !!

dieselsweetheart

See that folks? Greg and Beth are booking for next year! Let's get moving....let's get more owners booked for Hershey next year!!! We had a great time!!!

jbeletti

Cheryl, Jim B, it was our pleasure meeting you both at the Hershey RV show. Always a pleasure to connect a face with a name. RV shows are boring after buying the best :)

T&P

PS, my wife's cousin just bought a LM, so it's a winner for all.

Tom and Patti,

What a nice surprise to see you and Patti at the show. It was great meeting you. I hope to get to a PA event next year and hang out with you guys more. That's awesome news about your cousin getting a LM. I like to hear that. Did you influence that decision or did they make that decision on their own?

jbeletti

Thank you Cheryl and Jim for coordinating this effort and thank you to all Heartland Owners Club members who signed up and came out to staff the club table at the Hershey Show. I had fun and hope you did as well.

Jim

davebennington

We had a great time working the table and meeting all of the folks that came by to see the Heartland products. We spent a day with some friends who are new the camping and are ready to purchase a new RV of some kind. I tried my best to convince them that Heartland was the way to go but they have to learn the hard way.

Dave & Julie

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We took a drive by the Gaint Center this morning around 9am and saw all the Heartlands moved out of there section !! Wow what a change from all those rv inches from each others in the past !!! We came back though tonight about 95% of the parking lot was emtpy !! Beth and I were proud to help with the show it was a very postive experience !! We love our Heartland Sundance !! Looking forward for next year !!

dieselsweetheart

As I was heading into Hershey on 39 around 2:15p I saw coming towards me.... Elk Ridge, Big Horn, Landmark, and followed by a Big Horn. Of course I had to roll down my window, blow my horn, and give them a thumbs up. Ha...I bet they were wondering who the crazy lady in the red VW was....but I was excited to see them one more time as they headed out to 81 on their journey back to Bath.

RollingHome

Jim, Patti's cousin is pretty knowledgeable about RV's. He's kinda my mentor. He met a nice LM owner at a truckstop who gave him a 50 cent tour. He was impressed with the LM. When he found out we had bought a BH and of course we raved about ours that sealed the deal. He went looking and found a very decent dealer in Altoona, PA (Al Tuna, Charley the tuna's brother) and sealed the deal. As a family we all will do a reunion next month and toot our horns... or rather RV's. I'll tell how smart I was to buy a BH because it's a LM without all the fluff at a much lower price and he'll tell me I'm just a cheap O who always looks for the bargain... We'll have a few brews around the campfire and enjoy the fall evening and family... man life is good :) I'm trying to convince him to go with Patti and I to meet the PA group (Cheryl and crew) about an hour south but he's not so social, Oh Well. We'll see what happens. Happy Trails until we meet again. T&P

dieselsweetheart

Tom and Patti, it's hard to imagine anyone buying a Heartland product and NOT wanting to join the club. I know..."what's wrong with these people???!!!!" haha But there are people in the world who just want to be off on their own and have a peaceful weekend. But.....that's not for us in the NYS/NJ/PA/MD/VA group! Sure, sneaking a quiet w/e away just the two of you is nice...but we can see the two of us anytime during the week. When I go out to have fun I prefer to be in the company of my fellow owners....

sure hope you can squeeze a visit to Pine Grove while you are out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.