Final Landmark 365 Paint Colors - August 2014

porthole

Retired
So - the red one is the prototype with the 3D graphics and the others are a painted name?
So no more 3D's?
"Landmark" just doesn't pop on the other 3.

These all appear to be real - built trailers (decals), are they all Newports?

Last edited:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
So what's up with the roof? It looks flat to me. Not rubber?
Also need to move that water heater to the off-door side. There should never be a furnace or water heater on the door-side of the unit.
One of the units shows a third A/C unit. It would be my hopes that all three are wired in such a way that a logical circuit would allow for all three to be used but the circuit controls which one comes on and when so there is no chance of an overload.

As for the colors, I personally like the black and silver or the brown and black.

That is all.

jbeletti

So what's up with the roof? It looks flat to me. Not rubber?
Also need to move that water heater to the off-door side. There should never be a furnace or water heater on the door-side of the unit.
One of the units shows a third A/C unit. It would be my hopes that all three are wired in such a way that a logical circuit would allow for all three to be used but the circuit controls which one comes on and when so there is no chance of an overload.

As for the colors, I personally like the black and silver or the brown and black.

That is all.

Mark - the straight line roof you are seeing is the Newport. I'm unclear of all new Landmarks will be straight lined but Tom or Andy can weigh in on that. Also, I think the roof is white EPDM.

The Landmark 365, when optioned with 3 ACs, will have a AC Power Management system in it that manages the load (load shedding).

On some layouts (LM, BH, others, other Mfrs etc), there simply isn't enough room on the ODS to put the water heater and furnace, even with putting the furnace vertical. What would be truly bad is to have the furnace or water heater behind the entrance door when it's pinned open. I don't think we're presently doing that.

porthole

Retired
I'm with Mark on the heater. When I ordered the Cyclone it was the only toy hauler that had furnace and water heater on the ODS, which was on e of the key factors.

According to the specs, the power management system is standard on the 365 rigs. And it looked pretty cool on the demo rig.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I would like to see the power management system on rigs with two A/C units.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I like the Red as well. The water heater location would be a non issue for me as we use 110 most of the time. I only run it on LP when we're hooked up at home and we have guests in the rig. I also like the flat roof. I wonder if 17.5 wheels and tires are optional. For all I know, those pictured may be 17.5's.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
If I remember from Urbanna they were 17.5 H rated tires as it grossed at 18k. Like I said if I remember. Lol. I have slept since then.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I would like the red if it was more of a burgandy....as they are I like the brown and black...

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The wording "Landmark" on the blue, silver, and brown units are lost. It really stands out on the red unit.

Do not like the hot water unit near the door. If for some reason, the unit has to be used on propane, the exhaust would be a real problem with an awning out in that it would collect/hold the fumes. Could be a real danger for health reasons.

Kbvols

I agree with kakampers burgundy over red. Agree with others no water heater on door side. I had that on my SOB TT always thought it looked bad and annoying at times. Like the straight roof.

donr827

I vote for the blue. The roof does look flat. Wonder if that would mean more standing water after some rain..............Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I vote for the blue. The roof does look flat. Wonder if that would mean more standing water after some rain..............Don

I'm pretty sure it's crowned so it shouldn't hold any water. I know my BH has aluminum rafters so it does have a few "low" spots but none that hold any water. The newer rigs with the laminated roof systems should be much better.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I like all color but the blue.
I currently have a door side water heater.
Fumes are not a problem nor is anything else about it.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Lot of votes for blue here. Looking at the 3' foot long paint schemes that were at Urbanna and discussing the colors with Andy, the consensus was that blue was already a dead color.
I could see it on a toy hauler, but it just didn't look right on the mock up.

jbeletti

I like the Red as well. The water heater location would be a non issue for me as we use 110 most of the time. I only run it on LP when we're hooked up at home and we have guests in the rig. I also like the flat roof. I wonder if 17.5 wheels and tires are optional. For all I know, those pictured may be 17.5's.

Ray - the 17.5s have been an option all year on the 2015s. The unit used for these color mockups should be the Newport. Due to the weight on the Newport, it will come standard with 8k axles and 17.5" tires/wheels. Disc brakes are optional.

Other new Landmarks will weigh less and will likely remain standard with 16" tires/wheels with an upgrade path to 17.5s is desired.

T

TomMontague

So many questions - I hope I can answer most.

17.5" tires and 8K axles are standard on all Newport and Ashland floor plans.
The roof line is flat - the actual roof is radius. approx. 5" in the middle and apprx. 2" on the sides. ( no standing water issues )
The Red & Black paint package is more burgundy in real life. We had a guy pulling our demo unit around with a 2014 Burgundy Dodge Dually and it matched perfectly.
The Blue & Black paint package is staying. We have had several people tell us they like it the best and Blue is a popular truck color.
The names on the Red & Black package are different than the other names. We are trying different badging. For now its the flat metallic which is on everything except for the Red and Black package. The main reason is because the name shows up better on the black front cap. I am trying to figure out a way to make the sidewall names look just as good. Maybe the answer is to take the sidewall name off all together and just put LM365 or the Lions Head badge only. The Landmark Name would still be on the front and back. ( just thinking outloud so please don't kill me for the ideas. haha )
The next floor plan will be an updated version of the Key Largo and it will be named something different. Not sure of the dates for this but soon. I will release a sketch of the floor plan as soon as I get one....
The 4th floor plan we are looking at something in the 35-37' range just FYI. I would hope to had all 4 shipping before the start of the January Show Season.

I will try and respond more from my phone as the day goes on.