Finding Low Clearances

Oldelevatorman

Plumb line, really? How about a tape measure. I measure off a 2x4 on the roof and add AC height. Mine's 13'2"! If you want a good laugh, go to 11foot8.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PondSkum

Plumb line, really? How about a tape measure. I measure off a 2x4 on the roof and add AC height. Mine's 13'2"! If you want a good laugh, go to 11foot8.com

HAHAH Thanks for the link! It's crazy how many people don't pay attention to their height and low bridges!!!

Alan_B

Plumb line, really? How about a tape measure. I measure off a 2x4 on the roof and add AC height...

Tape measure for sure. I tried a plumb line and the stretch of the line was enough to really throw off the measurement.

While the fifth wheel was hooked to the truck (in normal towing position) I climbed onto the roof of the fifth wheel. First I measured from the edge of the roof to the ground (with the help of someone on the ground). Then I measured from the roof to the top of the front AC. 13' 3".

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Plus AC s

No...that’s from the highest point ON TOP of the front AC.
If it was plus AC’s I’d have left the ACs laying behind many times...
ff94eaf1e424c75bdd1c1daeb808aca9.jpg

Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, clearance 13’ 6”...entrance
304c87e4fa792b70f5b451e81cf34920.jpg

Exiting with both ACs intact...

CoveredWagon

My truck is a two wheel drive. I’ve notice that the back end is a lot higher than 4x4 s of the same make that may have something to do with it. I measured mine hooked up at 13’ 6”. Wheels and tires are also larger than you can order on a 4x4.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
My truck is a two wheel drive.

Same here, but a Ford SD F350 SRW
Are you level when hooked up or running a bit nose high?
Ever measure at the outside floor molding from front to back and side to side? I have. I’m just under 1” high front to back but that could be made up on the surface smoothness

rcwalls

Off the subject, but I noticed your equipment listing The air lift system with remote. I am very new to this RVing and wanting to make sure I have all needed for traveling and the experienced folks as yourself know all the equipment to have. I pull a Cyclone 4005 41' with a Ram 3500 Dually. The air lift system you mention, is this on your Denali or ??
Also, the cyclone I have has 6 wheels. Do you think the Goodyear G614 are the way to go?