First Run with new 3585

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Just finished our first run with our new 3585. Drove about 300 miles and every thing went real good, no problems except one. When we arrived in Brookhaven, Miss. and went inside, the rear valance and shades was on the couch. The 3 mounting screws had pulled out. I determined that the weight of the shades when down was too much weight for the screws. So don't move your rig with the rear shades down. Took about 30 minutes with the wife's help to put it back up with some over size screws. Overall it was a good week.

My shake down cruise on my new 2014 Bighorn 3585RL included 3 months in Key West,Fl. All went good until the last week. Living room air went out and awning motor died. I had to re-glue 5 of my cabinets doors. We are back home now awaiting parts so Camping World can get me back on the road again. Wayne

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
My shake down cruise on my new 2014 Bighorn 3585RL included 3 months in Key West,Fl. All went good until the last week. Living room air went out and awning motor died. I had to re-glue 5 of my cabinets doors. We are back home now awaiting parts so Camping World can get me back on the road again. Wayne

Sorry for all the problems you've had. Ours has not been that bad. We are now in Mountain View, Ar. hosting at an RV park up here. We will be here in one spot until Nov. Hopefully we will not have any more problems and hope that you don't either.

Snowbirds

We have enjoyed our 3585 as snowbirds here in central Florida and leaving here Monday for the 700 miles home. Had a couple problems with the cabinet hinges pulling out, but otherwise a great visit. Just hope all holds together in the future.

kemosabe

Re 2013 3610RE

Sorry for all the problems you've had. Ours has not been that bad. We are now in Mountain View, Ar. hosting at an RV park up here. We will be here in one spot until Nov. Hopefully we will not have any more problems and hope that you don't either.

You are lucky for having few problems. Our first run with our brand new camper in the spring of 2013 had no problems. On an extended trip to the Grand Canyon from near Duluth Minnesota we were beset with problems. Refrigerator would not cool properly and we lost a lot of food. Bedroom air conditioner vibrated so badly it shook the entire camper. Overhead cabinet doors pop the hinges. It was frustrating to say the least. Now a year later and not much running with the camper we found the bedroom air is still not running properly. We had company just a few weeks ago and the air mattress has a slow leak in it which was the first time used. I have repaired many of the cabinet doors. Now all the window shades are breaking the strings that make them work. So far I am not a happy camper. My wife is very upset and voices her displeasure all the time. I will certainly look for a different make and model for my next purchase. A luxury RV it is supposed to be but does not live up to that designation.