First trip with 2013 3585RL

JeffG1947

All-in-all a very pleasant experience. The PDI was complete and all we found was one slide-out seal that was loose and an extraneous piece of cardboard behind the fireplace glass. Even ran the washer/dryer.

Camped 20 miles from the dealer for three days and the only problem was we weren't level, so the bedroom and bath doors were hard to close. When I put the rig in storage it was level and no problems with the doors. Everything else worked as advertised.

Going from an SUV towing a 28' travel trailer to an F-350 towing the 38'3" Bighorn also was an easy transition. DW was quietly petrified, but I had weeks of positive thinking to get myself ready. Watched the "Tow 5th Wheel Like a Pro" video 4 or 5 times and although we still haven't measured to pivot point spot, etc. it was a good training tool and I knew what to expect.

Looking forward to next trip after Father's Day!!

(P.S. - I didn't know wheel lug nuts and HWH drain plug require larger sockets then I had in my kit.

donr827

Glad you enjoyed your first trip out. Our first trip was positive also except for a problem with some over head door hinges which I fixed myself.
Don

Westwind

Right on about the sockets, I ended up buying two new ones also and ended up with the third after I fixed the nut that fell off the hydraulic piston on the kitchen off door slide. I'm now a certified slide repairman (My Certification). Our dealer is a 4 1/2 hour ride one way so I decided to do it myself, wasn't so bad. We love the way ours tows also.
I over came the "Long/Tall trailer fear" real quick also. Enjoy!