(Fixed) hello camper folks, 12 volt question, needing answer please

nostrokin

I keep my camper hooked to shore power while at home with food in frig , I noticed my battery keeps dying down . I don't have anything else running but the clock on the stereo and the lp alarm or sensor . does the frig draw from 12 volt or the 110v . I am getting power back to battery from convertor , so it cant be that. something is drawing more power than the convertor can keep up with, is it the frig .got it fixed thanks all loose factory wires on buss bar

Last edited:

branson4020

Icantre Member
Re: hello camper folks, 12 volt question, needing answer please

What does the voltage read at the battery when you are plugged into shore power? How do you know your battery is dying?

nostrokin

What does the voltage read at the battery when you are plugged into shore power? How do you know your battery is dying?

the battery voltage is 13 v while hooked to shore power, I unplug the power cord and everything is dead so I check the battery with voltmeter and its down to about 10volts,
thanks

jnbhobe

I would check for a 12V circut breaker being tripped or the converter being unplugged or a 30 amp fuse blown on the converter.

branson4020

Icantre Member

Now John, he said he was getting 13V from the converter back to the battery...

nostrokin

Now John, he said he was getting 13V from the converter back to the battery...

everything is good now, it wasn't the breaker but close. it was all the loose wires on the buss bar that they forgot to tighten at the factory . thanks everyone for the info it was a easy fix, I wish they all were that way .

pegmikef

How in the world was that missed at the PDI by the dealer?

bsuds

everything is good now, it wasn't the breaker but close. it was all the loose wires on the buss bar that they forgot to tighten at the factory . thanks everyone for the info it was a easy fix, I wish they all were that way .

We had this same issue with our Big Country and had battery charging problems. It was a loose ground wire.