Flickering LED lights.

Lndeatr

I haven't posted in a while. I have a 20/20 Cyclone 4007. Shortly after I bought the trailer, one of the LED ceiling lights started to flicker in the bedroom. I pulled it down to check to see if there was any visible reason it was doing it. It looks like maybe the PC board or a bad solder joint.

Shortly after they started going one by one and I think I had five at one time but they would eventually stop working so I just kept using the trailer because the warranty would require me to leave it at the dealer and I was using it. It's been sitting for about a year now and almost every single light is doing it now. Has anyone had any issues with this and do you know if there is any recourse or even suggestion on what lights to replace it with. I can do all the work myself and I'm very familiar with 12 volt and 120 volt Electrical. I started an out-of-town job and I need to replace these ASAP or I'm going to have a stroke.

Routemaster

4.5" Led RV Celling Light Recessed Interior Camper Light 480 Lumen RV 12V​

I just bought two off E bay

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Another RV page I follow has numerous posts about puck light failures
Comments there say replacements can be found at
Command Center
Cabin Bright

david-steph2018

I have bought replacements at the RV surplus places around Goshen, Ind. area. I can usually pick these up for about $3.00/each at one of the stores. We bought our 2018 Road Warrior in October 2017; we have replaced a half dozen of the lights in the rig. So, I carry about 3-4 spares with us.

Lndeatr

Thanks. I have 7 lights that flicker or are out. Seems like Heartland should step up here. I bought 10 off of Amazon. I will drive home this weekend and pick them up.

jmarnell

I have also replaced several puck lights in our 2018 Cyclone. Seems to be a recurring issue with the OEM puck lights. Interestingly, I haven't had a single failure of the replacements I installed. It's just the OEM lights that keep failing. I've bought replacements through etrailer, and like David I always carry spares. Had to replace 2 during our Alaska adventure last year.

2019_V22

Usually,,,,,it's the driving resistors that fail, causing the LED to flicker, or go out. If it's a through hole solder type, and you are handy, htey can be fized, if it's an surface mount resistor, than it's a bit more difficult procedure.

txtinman

I have bought replacements at the RV surplus places around Goshen, Ind. area. I can usually pick these up for about $3.00/each at one of the stores. We bought our 2018 Road Warrior in October 2017; we have replaced a half dozen of the lights in the rig. So, I carry about 3-4 spares with us.
Mine appear to be soldered on. How do you replace them?

spectra

I haven't posted in a while. I have a 20/20 Cyclone 4007. Shortly after I bought the trailer, one of the LED ceiling lights started to flicker in the bedroom. I pulled it down to check to see if there was any visible reason it was doing it. It looks like maybe the PC board or a bad solder joint.

Shortly after they started going one by one and I think I had five at one time but they would eventually stop working so I just kept using the trailer because the warranty would require me to leave it at the dealer and I was using it. It's been sitting for about a year now and almost every single light is doing it now. Has anyone had any issues with this and do you know if there is any recourse or even suggestion on what lights to replace it with. I can do all the work myself and I'm very familiar with 12 volt and 120 volt Electrical. I started an out-of-town job and I need to replace these ASAP or I'm going to have a stroke.
I am having the same issue in my 2017 Road Warrior 427 Toyhauler. Curious if you find a cause/remedy

david-steph2018

I am having the same issue in my 2017 Road Warrior 427 Toyhauler. Curious if you find a cause/remedy
I have just replaced the lights that go bad. When we go back to the Goshen/Elkhart area, I go to the local RV surplus stores and look for the lights. Usually, I can find replacements for around $3.00/each.

jmarnell

I found our replacement lights on etrailer.com. You can enter the year, make and model of your rig and search for lights and for me it brought up a few suggestions, one of which was the exact match for our lights.