Frame to wall connection.

bradforx

I have a 2007 Bighorn 3055RL and recently discovered a catastrophic problem with the frame. I was having my wheel bearings packed and when they finished they were lifting it up to remove it from the service bay and the pin box would lift up and the walls didn’t follow. The service tech removed the skin and found the frame was broken in a few places. They looked into things and found that the brackets that attach the walls to the frames were never attached. The holes were never even drilled to put the bolts through. We were very lucky they discovered this since it couldn’t be seen with the skin on. The whole frame had been flexing for years with no support from the walls. We could have had our retirement ended quite prematurely. Has anyone else had this problem?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, yours is not an isolated case. The fix is to weld gussets wherever needed. In fact I saw two older rigs that were having that done just the other day.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Contact Heartland Customer Service with your VIN and explain this issue. Perhaps they will participate in some repair. 877-262-8032.

bradforx

We worked with Customer Support Rep. David Hilliker at the home office in Elkheart and Heartland stepped up and showed they were the company we thought they were. They fixed the problem in a timely manner at their expense and we are back on the road. While we were here we took the factory tour and saw some important upgrades in the quality control. We may have found the "perfect" new rig for next year. :) Thanks to the folks who responded to my post, you may have made all the difference.