Fridge will not run on propane while Traveling Down the Road (FIXED)

GoPackGo

Hi All - I have a 2014 Bighorn 3010RE with the big 4-door Norcold fridge. It works great on electric and it works fine running on propane as long as the rig is stationary at a campground. BUT . . it will not run on propane when I am towing the rig down the highway. I always set it to 'auto' so it runs on electric when I'm plugged in at the campground and it does switch over to propane when I unplug to leave, but it's always off when I stop for the day, and flashing code 'No FL'. I have tested it by letting it run for an hour or so on propane in camp so I'm sure I have gas (also did run the stove burners to make sure the propane tanks are not empty). I know everything was fine on my maiden voyage but since then it has refused to run when I'm traveling. It's at the dealer now but I thought I would ask if anyone has suggestions. The 3010 has the fridge in a slide, but I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Thanks ! Tim

SGeohagan

Re: Fridge will not run on propane while Traveling Down the Road

We had same problem with the Dometic in our 3610RE. Finally figured out it was a pinched propane line. Worked fine with slides out, not in. Just rerouted the line so it doesn't get pinched.

Suzy

TravisJen

I've had that happen a couple of times while driving in a strong crosswind. I suspect there's too much wind turbulence to light the propane.

dalspot

We had the pinched line too. Once the slide went out, all was well. The stove would not light either.

Karen

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

I would agree with the line being pinched with the slide in. Call your dealer and have them check the line with the slide in.

TXTiger

I have the same problem. My stove and fridge are on the same slide. Will have to check the stove with the slide in and see if it lights. Does the fridge and the stove run off the same line?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

If the pinched line is not the problem, make sure you are close to level when hooked up to your tow vehicle. Some of theses alcohol absorption reefers won't run if they are out of level.

Just got my Big Horn back from dealer (stay away from Lazy Days Seffner FL, GREAT TO BUY FROM NIGHTMARE FOR SERVICE!!!!!!!!) The gas line was kinking when slide closed.