Frig condensation leaking on floor

Rodbuster

I guess the title says it all. We are always wiping water off the storage drawer and wooden base moulding near the floor. If this keeps up it will ruin the finish on the drawer and base moulding not to mention possible future rot.

I've inspected the seals and from my untrained eye, they seem ok.
The unit is a 2014 Landmark with a Norcold 4 door 12.7.

Thanks for any help or ideas.
Dick

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I agree - I would pull the panel off the outside and see if the hose is connected. Might be a real simple fix or then .... CW here I come.

Theresau

Ours did the same when we got it. Our tube on the left side near drip tray was bent over. Straightened the tube and then connected to the drip tray. No problems after that.

I guess the title says it all. We are always wiping water off the storage drawer and wooden base moulding near the floor. If this keeps up it will ruin the finish on the drawer and base moulding not to mention possible future rot.

I've inspected the seals and from my untrained eye, they seem ok.
The unit is a 2014 Landmark with a Norcold 4 door 12.7.

Thanks for any help or ideas.
Dick

jimtoo

Look inside just below the cooling fins of the fridge, make sure the drip tray and the drain for the drip tray are in place and the drain is open. It might be accumulating in the bottom of the fridge under the veggie drawers and seeping out the bottom of the door.

Jim M

dbbls59

I fought that problem for a year, replacing all the seals, door flap, and door flap guides. Nothing helped. While at the Rally in Goshen this year I talked to the Dometic rep. He said they made a few refrigerator's in which the drain hole in the back of the fridge was drilled wrong. He gave me a paper showing how to re-drill it. Had Camping World do this under warranty because they had to remove the fridge. Fixed my problem. The hole the drain tray goes into should be drilled at a 20 degree down angle. Mine was drilled straight. I see that yours is a 2 year newer model so I would have thought they would have solved this however it might be worth a check. Perhaps they hired a new guy to drill the holes.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
This may not be available on the Norcold but our Dometic has a switch to turn on a heater around the frame of the fridge. It keeps it condensation free.