Front A/C Unit on Heartland 4100 King

Riski

We are moving to Texas from 6 Months and, from experience, we know there will be greater than 100 degree days. We want to replace the front A/C unit with one more powerful. Maybe, even, with a heat pump. I know I should have the manuals but, unfortunately, I left them at home. Does anyone know the OEM version. And, can someone make a recommendation and/or provide thoughts for the upgrade? Thanks!

DocFather

I lived in mine all summer the last 2 years. 100+ degree days quite often. The front A/C (bedroom) was more than adequate. In fact, I usually had to turn it down to "lo" on the temp I wanted setting. I cannot fathom needing a larger A/C.

Riski

Then, I think the one I have needs to have coolant added because it definitely isn't cooling once the temperature gets above 85.

Riski

Bad news. Th units are sealed so freon can't be added. Am having the repair guy coming out though. We'll see what happens when they come out on Thursday.

danemayer

Bad news. Th units are sealed so freon can't be added. Am having the repair guy coming out though. We'll see what happens when they come out on Thursday.
RV Techs probably don't get enough training on air conditioners to add refrigerant. But a residential A/C tech might be able to install the fittings and charge the system.

But if you're under warranty, and the unit is leaking refrigerant, you should just have the unit replaced under warranty.

Riski

Thanks! Actually, we are looking at the replacement now. As usual, Elaine Henke of HEartland is doing a superior job of helping.

RV Techs probably don't get enough training on air conditioners to add refrigerant. But a residential A/C tech might be able to install the fittings and charge the system.

But if you're under warranty, and the unit is leaking refrigerant, you should just have the unit replaced under warranty.

Riski

A quick update. Elaine Henke worked on getting the unit replaced AND upgrade to a 15K BTU unit. It's getting installed today!

DocFather

A quick update. Elaine Henke worked on getting the unit replaced AND upgrade to a 15K BTU unit. It's getting installed today!

Better get out the long johns! :angel:

long-johns.jpg