Front Landing Jacks Safety switch

pjberny5

Little concerned that the switch to the front leveling jacks is located where anyone can push it. Is there a switch any where that will prevent/disable the the front landing jack switch with out affecting any other trailer electrical components. .

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Little concerned that the switch to the front leveling jacks is located where anyone can push it. Is there a switch any where that will prevent/disable the the front landing jack switch with out affecting any other trailer electrical components. .

Assuming you have electric jacks, not hydraulic, there is no other OEM switch for the jacks. You could install a switch in another location to provide security, if you can access the wires. You don't show which rig you have, so this is just a guess.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Somebody had this exact question/concern a few months ago.
You could definitely install a switch in the front component but really no reason to worry about it.
I have never heard of anyone messing with someone else's landing gear switch in all of my years of RV'ing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

pjberny5

Assuming you have electric jacks, not hydraulic, there is no other OEM switch for the jacks. You could install a switch in another location to provide security, if you can access the wires. You don't show which rig you have, so this is just a guess.

Sorry. Have the Bighorn 3260EL with Hydraulic Landing gears.

danemayer

Interrupt the power wire to the existing switch and add a switch that's out of sight. Then when your landing gear doesn't respond to the front switch, you'll have to remember that you added a switch. :rolleyes: Might sound silly, but it'll probably happen.