front switch not working

roy2

i have a 2019 big horn yesterday when i started to un hook my trailer the front switch had my legs come down ok the i wanted to move the trailer up some nothing happen wouldn't move at all pushed the switch up and down wouldn't move at all. i hooked the truck up again for the elect and still nothing would move.so i went to plan b i hook up to the elect and it worked find. i was able to get it off the truck. i hit the levers to level the trailer worked just fine. After i level the trailer i checked the battery on the control board and it read 12.9v. so what kind of problem do i have. thanks.

Bob.jr

You need 13.6 volts for the leveling system to operate. I think you have a battery problem.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

i have a 2019 big horn yesterday when i started to un hook my trailer the front switch had my legs come down ok the i wanted to move the trailer up some nothing happen wouldn't move at all pushed the switch up and down wouldn't move at all. i hooked the truck up again for the elect and still nothing would move.so i went to plan b i hook up to the elect and it worked find. i was able to get it off the truck. i hit the levers to level the trailer worked just fine. After i level the trailer i checked the battery on the control board and it read 12.9v. so what kind of problem do i have. thanks.
Was that 12.9 with shore power hooked in?
I would say a battery issue.

roy2

Are the fuses on the converter good ?? It should be charging 13.7 to 14.2 Volts. When plugged in.
surprise the converter was off i turned it on 13.2 reading i reset the the elect out let there green light come on. so you think that was my problem. i had that problem months ago its hooked up to my ice box when i was traveling it didn't work. i didn't know never looked at the ice box when we was moveing. the green light below my panel was on also. newer knew it wasn't working for a while. i checked it again 13.2 showing and 0.00 showing also.

roy2

what size battery do i need last time i needed a battery im not sure when i bought a new battery for my car. i have Delco battery's in there 2 of them in that battery box they just fit in there no room in there for anything. Now I'm wondering were i can buy them. I liked them because they don't have any caps on them to re fill them with water.

roy2

i found out the size of the battery's looked around sam s club has them looks pretty ease . i see up on the wall i have 2 battery turn off switch's i guess i have to turn them off before i discount the battery's. When i get the new ones in . how do i make sure they are charging.thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What ever you decide to do just be sure to disconnect the neutral cable (-) first and connect it last.
Fully charged battery is 12.75 volts. 12.88 to be exact.
Use your multimeter to check voltage.
Also if it's a flooded battery check the electrolyte (water) level. Top off with distilled water if needed.

Peace
Dave

david-steph2018

i found out the size of the battery's looked around sam s club has them looks pretty ease . i see up on the wall i have 2 battery turn off switch's i guess i have to turn them off before i discount the battery's. When i get the new ones in . how do i make sure they are charging.thanks
To check the converter is charging, find the power leads from the converter. Using a multimeter, read the voltage across the wires to see what this voltage.
In case it is not working, on the outside of the converter should be some fuses. Check these to make sure they are okay.
Before you remove any wiring from the batteries, take a photo so you hook these back up the right way.