Full timers NEXT adventure

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Leaving Reno NV (Amazon.com) on 23 Dec 2012 and heading to a full time RV park host job in Issaquah Washington. Love the simple, owe no one a dime lifestyle. I get a Military retirement, Social Security and full time pay for the RV park. Can't tell (all combined) you how much but it is between $80,000.00 and $100,000 per year and all mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a full time lifestyle but make sure it is for you.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I could be very very comfortable with that income but since I've retired, I enjoy relaxing, seeing the local scenery and golf. We workamped for 2 years and that was OK but I like being fully retired.:cool:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That's what we're waiting for Ray!! SS in a little over three years, and we are done...full retirement can't come fast enough...LOL!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would also be happy with that amount of pay. We are full-timing it on a lot less, and hopefully will never have to do any work. Life will lead us the way it wants...

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
That's what we're waiting for Ray!! SS in a little over three years, and we are done...full retirement can't come fast enough...LOL!

Hi Ken and Kathy, we're pretty much on the same glide path - about three more years to fully retire. If we can't make it on military retirement, SS, and a little bit of 401k, we're in BIG trouble.:eek:

aatauses

Anyone considering full timing--will be surprised on how little money they need to have this life style. Insurance and fuel are your largest expense.
al

shovelguy

I must say that it costs more than we expected. The only thing I can come up with to trim costs is to stay put for longer and longer periods of time. This plan was not the one we started out with, but it is the plan we are on now.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I must say that it costs more than we expected. The only thing I can come up with to trim costs is to stay put for longer and longer periods of time. This plan was not the one we started out with, but it is the plan we are on now.

You might look into Workkamping which could give you your place to stay for free depending on the park you are in and the arrangement you make with them. Many only require only 20 hours of work in return for your stay. The work can be anything from working inside in the office to cleaning restrooms.

RoadJunkie

Circumstances may change, but at this point you couldn't drag me to a...gulp...job. But I understand each has their own needs for finance, structure, or even boredom, etc. Best of luck, perhaps we'll see you at your new park one day.