Furrion oven shuts off intermittently

Hopper3d

So after about a year of use our Furrion oven started shutting off intermittently. No rhyme or reason. It lights easily and stays running for a while. 1 to 5 minutes typically. But when we check it again the flame and Pilot is off. I don’t believe it’s a pilot light or thermal couple issue. If we shut the door, it will cause it to immediately stop sometimes. If I pound my fist on the upper right hand front of the oven, I can also get it to shut off sometimes. I’m questioning if a possible thermal cut off switch may be the cause? I do not have a schematic or exploded view of the oven to know where that is located on the oven box. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and has found success in curing it?

jerryjay11

Typical reason a pilot light goes out is insufficient flame on the thermocouple or a defective thermocouple. Try blowing air on the pilot and tap it at the same time to loosen and blow away any crud build up. There isn't any other cut off other than the thermocouple not sensing enough heat to keep pilot lit.

Roller4tan

Gas Flow to oven is essential. Is the oven in a slide out? Check the hose under the slide for leaks or kinks. Not in a slide? Close the gas valve at the tank, wait a few minutes and open the valve very slowly. Do the burners stay lit on high? Then see above about the thermocouple.

david-steph2018

So after about a year of use our Furrion oven started shutting off intermittently. No rhyme or reason. It lights easily and stays running for a while. 1 to 5 minutes typically. But when we check it again the flame and Pilot is off. I don’t believe it’s a pilot light or thermal couple issue. If we shut the door, it will cause it to immediately stop sometimes. If I pound my fist on the upper right hand front of the oven, I can also get it to shut off sometimes. I’m questioning if a possible thermal cut off switch may be the cause? I do not have a schematic or exploded view of the oven to know where that is located on the oven box. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and has found success in curing it?
Our oven does the same thing. So, I checked a couple of different things. What I found was a very simple fix.
On our oven, if the oven was lit then the door immediately closed, the oven would go out within a few minutes. But, when the oven was lit, and we left the door cracked opened until the temp reached around 120+/-, then shut the door, it works fine, no issues.
Now, don't ask me why this works, but it does for our oven operation. I file this under the category of strange fixes without a reason it works.

For the manual, in the top under the tab "TOOLS" is "HEARTLAND OWNERS MANUAL" you will find the following:

jerryjay11

Our oven does the same thing. So, I checked a couple of different things. What I found was a very simple fix.
On our oven, if the oven was lit then the door immediately closed, the oven would go out within a few minutes. But, when the oven was lit, and we left the door cracked opened until the temp reached around 120+/-, then shut the door, it works fine, no issues.
Now, don't ask me why this works, but it does for our oven operation. I file this under the category of strange fixes without a reason it works.

For the manual, in the top under the tab "TOOLS" is "HEARTLAND OWNERS MANUAL" you will find the following:
You may have the same issue with the thermocouple. With oven door open the main burner is getting more air, allowing it to provide added heat to the thermocouple. Once the oven is hot then the thermocouple is satisfied. When I was in the HVAC line of work, I would test thermocouples by adding heat with a small torch flame to see if it would keep the pilot lit. Which indicates a weak pilot flame.