Furrion subwoofer install / need 12v

tmills

Gents,

I have a 2017 Mallard M29. I'm pretty happy with the camper but the speakers are pretty crappy. However, There is almost no mid and low bass. I have bought a Furrion FSW8P12 powered (amp) subwoofer to help with the mid and low bass sound.

I plan on installing the sub under the tv housing beside the Furrion 3100 head unit and use the RCA sub port from the radio but I need a 12v power supply. Beside the head unit is an Antennatek coaxial Jack with 12v cigarette lighter style female port. It has power to the Jack but I think it powers the antenna on the roof. I thought about pulling the power from the cigarette lighter to power the sub I thought that might interfere with the power to the antenna signal booster, any ideas???

The underbelly is enclosed so running a wire from the battery could be difficult. Also, the fuse box is on the opposite end of the camper.
Furrion-speaker.jpg

Garypowell

I don't think you can hurt anything by trying it out.

Dont know your model but also easy to get 110 to 12 volt adapter and plug it in direct.

tmills

I don't think you can hurt anything by trying it out.

Dont know your model but also easy to get 110 to 12 volt adapter and plug it in direct.

Thanks Gary,

As this thing will likely be on the whole time I am hooked up to power I'm thinking about using a dedicated power supply or something like this

Pyramid PS12KX 12 Amp 13.8-Volt Power Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002JTD1Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0inGybMJK9VNM

I'm not too keen on using an old 12/v adaptor that plugs in the wall and running hot wires into the amp. It's likely to get too hot and may melt. But then again I'm no expert.

Garypowell

No expert either but not really what that thing on amazone is.....does it have battery in it or do you plug it into the wall. If you read the reviews it gets hot too.

You might simply contact the maker of your sound device and ask what they would recommend. But I still think a properly sized 110 to 12 volt transformer for $15. -$20 would do the trick.