Furrion TV Quality

Thehill

We are expecting delivery of our new 3270RS in two weeks and have run across several negative reviews of Furrion TVs. I'm wondering if we can get some comments about owner's experience with their Furrion TV sets. Thanks in advance for your replies.

danemayer

Hi Thehill,

Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I don't recall even a single complaint about Furrion TVs on this forum. But if there are problems, I'm sure we'll hear from those who have one.

dgack1

Hi, currently we have 2 Furrion TV's in our 2017 BigCountry and I just ordered 2 samsung smart TVs so I can throw the Furrions in the garbage.

Good luck with yours!

Denise

danemayer

Hi, currently we have 2 Furrion TV's in our 2017 BigCountry and I just ordered 2 samsung smart TVs so I can throw the Furrions in the garbage.

Good luck with yours!

Denise
Denise,

Can you share specifically what you found wrong with the Furrion TVs?

mlpeloquin

Had a Samsung in the Big Horn and it died. Replaced with another Samsung. Went from 40" with three inch border to 43" and 1/2" border. We have an extended warranty with a $250 deductible. The OEM set cost $179.00 and was no longer available. We purchased one at Costco for $235.00 and installed it. Heartland purchases in bulk to save. I don't blame them. I was able to purchase a used power supply board (no longer supported by Samsung) for $17 with free shipping, and repair the set. It is now in my wife's office/sewing room. It replaced the Visio that had a problem with the RF board. Again no longer supported by Visio, but was able to replace the RF board with a used one ordered on ebay for $37.00. It now is in the master bedroom. The master bedroom one is now a spare since it has the less sharp picture. It is old!

Note that changing the TV in the fifth wheel can require a bit of injunuity. I had to modify the mount to make the RF input connector clear the metal backing. Each set has the location in a different spot even with the same brand. Ours is mounted to a frame that sits behind the fireplace when stowed. Not a big deal just need to be handy and have a Dremel tool with a metal cutting disk.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Our BC has the Furrions in it and we have not had any issues. The sound could be a bit better but that was the case with the tv's we had in our previous rig too. I can tell the difference between SD and HD so it cannot be that bad of a TV IMO.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I lost my two Furrion TV's as well as the soundbar to thieves. Replaced with two Vizio's and Bose speakers. Sound quality was awful on all the Furrion stuff.

Mburtsvt

Denise,

Can you share specifically what you found wrong with the Furrion TVs?

I got this:
Put the Furion next to a good TV and you can see the difference right away. I replaced my 2 Furions . The Samsung’s are brighter, scan faster, (something we need to do every time we change locations), sound better, and overall look better. I get that the drive to the bottom in cost is paramount, but having an LG in the front room and Furion everywhere else was not a good decision on Heartlands part. Makes you wonder about other things.