Fuse Box for landing gear.

We have a 2008 Bighorn 3055. Our landing gear stopped working --sounded like the motor was dying--where do we find the fuses or the motor for this model?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
On the back of the landing gear switch you should see a pink wire. The fuse is located somewhere along that wire.
Be sure to check your battery voltage if you are operating the system while not plugged in.
Another member is currently having the same issues as you on their 2008 3055.
She contacted the manufacturer for information and part pricing. Venture Mfg. Co.
Seems that Heartland Parts Department was able to give much better pricing with her Heartland Owners Club member discount.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe yes, maybe no, on there being an inline fuse for the OEM electric jacks. When I completely removed mine, there was no inline fuse to be found. The motor for them is usually located on the door side jack with a drive bar running across the front compartment to the off-door side jack. If the motor sounded like it was dying, it may be that the battery was not at full charge (or something was restricting the jack movement). One of the red rubber covered breakers, normally mounted behind the battery, may have tripped if the jacks are no longer working at all. There may be a tiny button on the end of it that needs to be pressed to reset it.

This link is to the diagram for the 12V Buss wiring. It's from the Tools section at the top of the forum page.
http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/..._Buss_Bar/Heartland/Buss_Bar_for_LM-BH-BC.pdf

1_oldgoat

My Gateway may be different however if you follow the wireing from the motor back, it should be along that inside the front storage compartment. Mine blew a fuse and i cranked the front by hand for a half hr before i found it, ours was a 30 amp fuse. The rear jack motor quit on me last week, i could not find a fuse anywhere for it but after checking for power to the switch and finding i had power to and out on both legs of the switch, thanks to another member found the motor brush springs were rusted and junk so i replaced the springs with ball point pen springs cut down. Works like a champ.

Jim Posz

FYI I had trouble with the 30A inline fuse blowing when raising the landing gear a long distance (parking on a hill). Learned that NAPA sells a 30A automatic reset circuit breaker that fits in the same fuse holder you already have. About $5 and easier than changing a fuse - dealer said it was OK as long as it was the same size as the fuse.

lyvwire

Also, DO NOT use the remote and push the manual switch at the same time:rolleyes:.... Don't ask me why I did it, guy thing I guess....Anyway, this blew my 30A fuse and it took me a day to figure out why the manual switch wasn't working any longer. Wife and kids had a hay day with me:rolleyes:. Don't be me. LOL:D

Gary521

I have a 3055 and JohnDar is correct as to fuse location. More that likely the jack screw has siezed on the jack nut. Needs lube or replacement.