Galley tank access

I have a leak in my galley tank.
2012 Landmark Key Largo.
I dropped the coroplast (sp?) and can see the bottom of the tank sitting on top of the steel frame with water running down the frame dripping to the ground.
I can typically go 2-3 days before it starts to drip.
Now I just leave it open, but I would like to fix it. Difficult when having only partial hook ups. DW does not like doing dishes in the shower???

How do I access the tank to see where it is leaking?
I went in thru the basement but do not see the galley tank.

Thank you!!!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

danemayer

The galley usually empties into gray #2 which is usually mid-ships. You'll have to drop/cut the coroplast to get there.

If you happen to have tank heating pads or the Yeti option which includes them, and have run the heating pads with tanks empty, you might have burned a hole in the tank. If you press on the heating pad and water comes out, that's a good indication that the tank is leaking at the pad.

No Yeti or heat pads.
The galley is indeed #2.
I dropped the coroplast and the tank sits on the steel frame but I did not see any way to access the tank from below, nor could I tell where the leak originated.

danemayer

There are a couple of likely places where a leak could originate:
  • A hole from a heating pad - which you don't have
  • A leak at the tank gate valve fitting. If the coroplast is down, you should be able to see the gate valve and inspect where it attaches to the tank.
  • A leak on top were the kitchen drain enters the tank
  • A crack in the tank - perhaps from freeze damage

It's also possible you have water coming out of the kitchen onto the top of the tank. I'd start there and check the plumbing fittings in the kitchen first. Gate valve second.

Tanks may be supported by metal braces running side to side, but a substantial portion of the tank should be visible between the cross members. You'll have to pull the radiant foil and batting out of the way.

Thanks Dan, we will have an opportunity to get under again next week.
I have checked the kitchen plumbing, that was my first thought, seems to be okay.
I had an issue with the #1 Grey tank, the gate valve fitting had come completely loose, so that got attention. I suspect the same for the galley tank.
Appreciate your help.