Goodride tires- Anybody have experience with them?

Pizzaguy

I was at my Goodyear dealer today checking into the 614's and they told me they also now sell Goodride load range "G" 14 ply tires. They looked like a heavy duty tire and was about $90 cheaper than the Goodyear. They said they have had very good results from the people using them. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of these??
They did not hesitate to say they are an import tire, but again said the guys using them say they are an excellent tire.

GOTTOYS

There are countless imitations of the real thing available. For only $360.00 more you can have REAL Goodyear G614s with a REAL company to stand behind them if you have a problem. They are also sold everywhere in the country so service is readily available. I can't think of any reason to put cheap tires on my expensive fifth wheel. Nobody ever said "I wish I would have bought the cheap one"...They're all great until they blow the side off your trailer...And that's all I'm going to say about that...Don

Pizzaguy

I appreciate your response Don. I was just looking to see if anybody is using these and and had any feedback on this brand. The Goodyear dealer spoke highly of these and that is why I am asking the question. He also quoted me a price of $263/ea on the Goodyears. If I was travelling more I would not even ask. The issue is we don't put on 1500 miles a year but I am still leary of the Towmax.

Jim.Allison

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/alerts/alerts_view_alpha.php?id=163&type=1

[h=1]Hangzhou Zhongce Rubber Company[/h]
This company makes Goodride and Westlake. Westlake is the new tire that is replacing the BlowMax. I think Dynamic tire is distributing these tires in north America. So going from Blowmax to Westlake is trading one P oh S for another P oh S.

OMG, not Goodride. Search for them, it is the worst Chinese tires on the market, the company was charged with perpetrating a fraud over tire design with the NTSB. The name "Goodride" is a typical Chinese technique to intimate a quality name, they have several, I'm surprised they don't have a Firerock tire. Run man run. You will be ripped off if you buy these tires. Infact I think that Dynamic Tire of "Blowmax fame" distributes that p.o.s. do me once shame you, do me twice shame on me. If my tire dealer ever suggested that I buy a "Goodride" tire in place of a G614, he would be finished as my tire dealer. Go buy a new set of "Blowmax" before you consider the "Goodride". Infact if you want a good tire for you rig quit looking at Chinese tires.

I was at my Goodyear dealer today checking into the 614's and they told me they also now sell Goodride load range "G" 14 ply tires. They looked like a heavy duty tire and was about $90 cheaper than the Goodyear. They said they have had very good results from the people using them. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of these??
They did not hesitate to say they are an import tire, but again said the guys using them say they are an excellent tire.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
IMHO, $263 for G614's is a great price. $320 is about the lowest I have ever seen, mounted and balanced.

If you are thinking about getting them, I suggest checking the date code on the tires to make sure they are not unloading an older tire. Trace

Last edited:

ILH

Take the Goodyear deal! Otherwise we'll send you a blowmax honorary membership. :p

Jim.Allison

$260 is an outstanding price, I would get 5........

If a Goodyear is $260, then the price for the Goodride should be $25. Tire dealers love selling this Chinese junk, because they make 50% gross profit on them. As opposed to 30% gross profit for the American/German tires.

caissiel

G rated tires are all same spec quality. It's the ST tires that are S.
I see all kinds on transport and class 8 truck that are foreign made.

Jim.Allison

Thats just it, you can't trust a tire manufacturer that commits fraud like this one did by skimping on the the bonding layer of the tire. The g-rated spec is infact a g-rated spec, but it does not mean that it is manufactured with no shortcuts, especially intentionally, and knowingly taking a shortcut that saves the manufacturer money and cheats the customer.

Would you put chinese oil in your Ford Diesel? If you would, then you should buy $25 Chinese tires for $250 from Dynamic Tire, knowing that they are the ones that distribute and honor your warranty for your BlowMax tires.

I don't know why anyone would do business with a Chinese tire company especially this one. A chinese dog food company can't even be trusted to ship dogfood to the United States without dumping their hazardous waste in it. Remember that?

Nobody knows how to bond rubber to a carcass better than Goodyear, Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone. A G-rated knock off Chinese tire named Goodride ROFLMAO, that should be your first signal. Thats like selling lead and calling it silver. Its not my money, but I cannot understand why anyone would buy a Heartland rig then cheap out on the tires.

People spend all kinds of money on the truck, "gotta have a dually if you want to tow correctly," gotta have special hitches and any number of products for the rig. They devote all kinds of attention to detail, and after all that consternation they buy the most inferior tires on the market for their rig in order to save a few dollars. This inevitably leads to a blowout and a tire changing session and a damaged RV. It does not make sense! If a $400/set difference between a quality tire and a cheap Chinese tire is going to break an owner, perhaps he needs to sell the rig and get another hobby. Of course if the owner is just transporting it across town to park it in a trailer park then I guess it's fine, but if you are using it for pleasure and real RVing, then you really should put some boots on that rig.

My comments are not directed at the OP. He is only making an inquiry of any one who has any experience with Goodride tire. I'm commenting on it because I just happened to have read how the manufacturer of this tire was prosecuted for perpetrating a fraud by using an inadequate bonding layer on one of their tire lines, resulting in a prosecution and recall.

If I'm buying a Chinese tire, I want a heck of deal, not some petty $90 difference. Chinese labor is so cheap, that tire can be manufactured and shipped to the United States for $50. $200 is way too expensive for a Chinese tire. It is also important to note that American Workers pay the taxes that pay our social security and keep this country going. Every dollar we spend over there is a dollar an American worker cannot earn. Keep buying that junk you will need to learn to speak Chinese.

chasdvorak

The Goodyear G614 at $263 per tire sounds like a great deal. I purchased a set for our coach in May and paid about $370 installed per tire after all the deals, rebates and warranty. I purchased the tires from Discount Tire and it included the no questions asked replacement warranty. I use Discount Tire for all my vehicles since they offer great service, free 6000 mile balancing/rotation and they are located all over the country. Also, I purchased a TPMS at the Nashville Rally and the local shop installed the steel valve stems for free.

I have no regrets on the purchase. The trailer seems to track better and it felt like I got a better ride from them. This might be a little bit of a head game after paying for that much for tires, but I do have a higher degree of confidence with these tires.

Now if I could only stop worrying about my sump pump going out on me.......

Safe Travels,

Chuck

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That $263 for GY614's sounds too good to be true. I'd ask to see them before buying them. Check for use and the mold date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dryer

I put the good rides on my cyclone 4200. Just got back from a 2000 mile trip with no problems. I got my 6 goodride 235/85/16 tires installed for $960 here in St. Louis. Sold 4 of my blow max tires for $275.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I my opinion selling used tires is a liability. Myself, I would not do it. Trace

Last edited:

jimpav

I just saw tonight, in person, in my hands, a set of Goodride tires that were going to be installed on a 5th wheel trailer tomorrow. What I found interesting was the tires had an embossed load range of 4080 lbs, at 110 psi (single axle). Tire size was 235/85/16. How could these tires have a load range greater than the G614's (3750) at the same psi?????? By the way, they were also embossed 'ST' as well.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I my opinion selling used tires is a liability. Myself, I would not do it. Trace

I was going to give my Blowmax's to my neighbor when I replace them as he hasn't towed his camper trailer once in the nine years that he has lived here, and all four of his trailer tires are flat and dry rotted as it sits in his back yard.

But, upon inspection of his trailer, it has 14" tires and mine are 15".

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Are you friends with your neighbor? Trace

Yeah! :cool:

Although he hasn't towed it in years, but it is sitting on dry rotted flat tires right now, so I thought at least they would be good for it to just be parked in his back yard.

Not to mention that it is only a small 20-footer pull behind.

Last edited:

jimpav

I just saw tonight, in person, in my hands, a set of Goodride tires that were going to be installed on a 5th wheel trailer tomorrow. What I found interesting was the tires had an embossed load range of 4080 lbs, at 110 psi (single axle). Tire size was 235/85/16. How could these tires have a load range greater than the G614's (3750) at the same psi?????? By the way, they were also embossed 'ST' as well.

I'm just wondering if these Goodride tires are a less expensive alternative to G614's or Sailun's??? Still can't understand the load rating values...........