Grand Canyon rear overhang length

kdubinwa

I just sold our current 5ver (32') and I am considering a new Grand Canyon with published length of 38'8". I'd like to know what the length of the trailer is measured from the back of the rear wheel to the rear bumper? That is the rear overhang that would usually stick out over the rear wheel curb at some of my favorite parks. With 7' more length overall I need to understand how much of that increase is behind the wheels.

Thanks for the help.
Kurt

jbeletti

Dave and Eileen - thanks for your measurement for Kurt.

For others with a 2013/2014/2015 Grand Canyon, please measure yours too as I believe the rear cap area of the Grand Canyon was lengthened in order to be able to have the sofa in the rear cap.

Hunter11

Ours is right at 11' 10" from the back of the rear tire to the end of the rear cap. Add another 8" for the ladder.

Rodbuster

Hi Kurt,
This is what I just measured off of my 2014 Grand Canyon.

11 feet 8 inches from the "back" of the tire, (not the axle) to the extreme end of the fiberglass body.

Add another 7 5/8 inches to allow for the ladder.
Keep in mind that the bottom rung of the ladder extends "below" the frame of the RV....about 1 1/2 to 2 inches.

One last measurement that you may or may not need.
It is 23 to 24 inches from the bottom rung of the ladder to the ground "if" you are on level ground.

Hope this helps.
Dick

kdubinwa

Thanks everyone for the great replies! Just what I needed and I'm pleased with the overhang length on the Grand Canyon. It will fit in a few tighter places than I thought.

Kurt

FordMan1966

This was a concern of ours as well when we ordered our 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon. My driveway is steep and too much overhang on the rear will drag. With ordering the Grand Canyon without the rear ladder and the G614 Tires being taller I have plenty of clearance. You have to think ahead to the conditions that you are accustomed to.

Rodbuster

Kurt, just noticed that you are from Washington. Are you planning on attending the Washington Rally? The dates are 7/25 to 7/27.

We are working our way up there from Florida. Hope to see you there.

Dick

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Kurt,

We would sure love to have you at the Washington Rally at the end of July. Any possibilities of you making it?

Rod Ditrich

kdubinwa

Thanks everyone for all the kind invites. It won't happen this summer with everything else planned, but hopefully we can start next year.

Kurt,

We would sure love to have you at the Washington Rally at the end of July. Any possibilities of you making it?

Rod Ditrich