Gray Water Leak Again

beaverfan

Oregonian
I have a 2009 Landmark. I have a leak where the exit drain pipe attaches to the shower holding tank. I had it repaired in Pensacola and the leak came back within two weeks. I had it repaired in Orlando and the leak came back the following month. I had it repaired in Alabama and the repair lasted three days. The various repairman have tried covering the joint with a rubber boot; cleaning and re-gluing the joint and surrounding it with plumber putty and a liquid sealer applied over that. Tomorrow I am heading to Willis, TX. Any suggestions on a fix or a good repair service in the area?

olcoon

From the sounds of things, you might have been ahead to replace the tank. I'll bet the labor charges are killing you!!!

Bobby A

I have a 2009 Landmark. I have a leak where the exit drain pipe attaches to the shower holding tank. I had it repaired in Pensacola and the leak came back within two weeks. I had it repaired in Orlando and the leak came back the following month. I had it repaired in Alabama and the repair lasted three days. The various repairman have tried covering the joint with a rubber boot; cleaning and re-gluing the joint and surrounding it with plumber putty and a liquid sealer applied over that. Tomorrow I am heading to Willis, TX. Any suggestions on a fix or a good repair service in the area?

I had the exact thing happen to me last summer, I worked on it for weeks, I could get it to hold water till about 3/4 filled, then the weight of the water would cause the tank and pipe to flex causing it to seperate from the tank. The fix was to do a total re plum on that area. You don't by chance have a Pinehurt do ya ?? Mine is a 3580 Big Horn, same floorplan as the Pinehurt. Once you do as mentioned you won't have a problem anymore. Good luck !!

sidney-1

I have been dealing with the grey #2 tank leaking for a year now. going for my 3rd repair this summer. have had the valve replaced, reconneted once, with the commet made "needs to be re-plumbed" i am happy and sad that others have had this problem.

boatdoc

Our BH3670 had this problem but with the black water tank. One small drip every 80 seconds. It was really hard to see and find. My fix was with a 3" no-hub connector.It fit perfect over the tank outlet and flange on the valve. No problems since my repair but now the valve on the shower tank, just under the black, has stopped opening although the cable handle works back and forth. Time to drop the coraplast and figure the new problem out. I think the outside sheath on the cable is moving back and forth, slipping in it's holder.