Great Trip with 3010RE

Dumboldles

Haven’t posted in awhile but wanted to at least post a somewhat positive trip. Just made it back from a six weeks trip to cooler climes of Wyoming,
Colorado, and Northern New Mexico. Was able to get in some fly fishing and check out a couple of wonderful museums in Pinedale, Wyoming (Mountain Man) and Cody (Buffalo Bill Cody Museum). I left my DW back in the rig and took my time wondering through these great museum. i made it up by taking DW out to dinner.

One issue with our 2016 Bighorn, the pin that holds the revolving shaft for the refrigerator side slide broke; causing slide not being able to retract. Was able to push it back in and found a RV tech in Cody that had experience with this issue. This is the third time with this problem but have lucked out each time finding a knowledgeable tech that had expertise to resolve the problem. But besides the just mentioned issue our Bighorn and my 2007.5 Silverado Duramax performed great.

Dumboldles

P.S When is this last time this forum been update, sure has been a hassle trying to type info in?

wdk450

Based on your experience, I would buy a couple of extra pins and keep them with you, and maybe get some slideout lubricant spray.

Dumboldles

Thanks Bill, yes extra pins would be wise, each time this happens I tell myself to invest in carrying some extra pins.

maybe I’ll learn.

david-steph2018

Haven’t posted in awhile but wanted to at least post a somewhat positive trip. Just made it back from a six weeks trip to cooler climes of Wyoming,
Colorado, and Northern New Mexico. Was able to get in some fly fishing and check out a couple of wonderful museums in Pinedale, Wyoming (Mountain Man) and Cody (Buffalo Bill Cody Museum). I left my DW back in the rig and took my time wondering through these great museum. i made it up by taking DW out to dinner.
Dumboldles
While we were working in Yellowstone NP this summer, we took our Spyder motorcycle and went to Cody for a couple of days. We went to Buffalo Bill Cody Museum; it was very well done and really nice.
We also went out to Heart Mountain, a WW2 Japanese-American Internment Camp. It is about 10-miles outside of Cody.

Dumboldles

My brother-in-law has a Spider and really enjoys iI Many centuries ago I took a year off from college and worked in west Wyoming, it surely seems that not much has changed from my time back then…. I think that is good. Still lots of unspoiled open space and lonely roads.

If you’re into Western history the Cody Museum is a must.

SLO

I have the same year of Bighorn but different model. I’ve never had a problem with those pins. There might be something else going on. I use a dry lube before just about every trip. I spray it on the round gear with teeth, that gear’s bearing and the track with teeth. I don’t spray it on anything else. It really quiets the noise while extending and retracting the slide and it slides much smoother. I’ve used different brands but this is what I’m using now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dumboldles

I haven’t used any lubricant on my slides, just tried to keep the gears and teeth clean…I’ll make it a point to look into the lubricants suggestions and start spraying those areas of my slides.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice and suggestion.

One issue with our 2016 Bighorn, the pin that holds the revolving shaft for the refrigerator side slide broke; causing slide not being able to retract. Was able to push it back in and found a RV tech in Cody that had experience with this issue. This is the third time with this problem but have lucked out each time finding a knowledgeable tech that had expertise to resolve the problem. But besides the just mentioned issue our Bighorn and my 2007.5 Silverado Duramax performed great.

Dumboldles

P.S When is this last time this forum been update, sure has been a hassle trying to type info in?
Can you replace the pins yourself?
We have the same problem.

Dumboldles

Howdy, watching the techs when they were replacing the pin, there needed to be coordination on how the pin hole was situated in order to place the pin in the hole. We did this with my DW at the controls pushing either in or out when directed to get the hole situated to place the pin in it. There was also some persuasion with a hammer to assist the process. The slide was only slightly extended

hope this kinda makes sense.

Dumboldless

Last edited: