Had a new one ordered for a while , about to call it off. Not happy with Heartland Rep

Pizzaguy

Sorry BH owners but we loved our BH so much we ordered another. Now due to the Heartland rep's "don't give a crap attitude" we are about to call off the whole deal. Dealer has been great and it is not his fault, and I really hate to stick him with our ordered unit, but his Heartland rep either needs to pay attention to his job or maybe find something else. As our unit was supposed to be here last week, then this week, now it may be two more weeks.Meanwhile our old one has been at the dealers because our new one should have been here. Heartland rep wasn't paying attention to the order, told dealer a date (incorrectly) won't return phone calls to dealer in a timely matter so dealer has to constantly keep calling the rep. This dealer sells a pretty fair amount of Heartland units. Dealer can't say anything because he wants to stay in good standing with his rep but I have had it with this Heartland rep and am going shopping this weekend and it may be another brand after this mess.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Sorry to hear this. It doesn't sound normal at all to me. Try calling Heartland customer service at 877-262-8032 and asking for Kary Katzenberger. He is the brand manager for Bighorn and in a position to get the answers to your questions (although they may not be what you want to hear). I'm not sure this is the best phone number but it's a place to start.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I am not making excuses nor offering a defense simply trying to offer some consoling thoughts.

I know from experience that this is a very busy time for RV manufacturers. The pre-season rush is upon them and perhaps delays from suppliers or whatever has altered expected finish dates. I understand it is disappointing but I can’t imagine the new Big Horn not being worth the wait.

I do not know who your Heartland Representative is but perhaps you could get more insight from the Big Horn Branch Manager at Heartland. Who knows, maybe the rep you talked with is new, a temporary, or three days from retirement!

“Hang in there” and see if you can gather some more information before you give up.

Best Wishes for a Quick Delivery!

Pizzaguy

Thanks for your thoughts, and I understand that this is a busy time for manufacturers. I do know that this rep is not a new rep or a temporary rep, but I do not know if he is close to retirement. I have been a sales rep for 18 years myself and understand busy times, but do everything I can to keep my customers happy. I also know that if I tell someone that I will call them, I keep that promise and they should not have to keep calling me back to get answers

Pappy

I have had my BC on order for 7 weeks now. I was told it would take between 6-7 weeks from start to delivery. They said it was in transportation last week and I was just told by my dealer today that it will be another 3-4 weeks. They related the unit was completed but there is a shortage of drivers for transport (due to fuel cost) and it will take 3-4 more weeks. It seems like this information would be available well in advance as I do not think they just figured out there were transport delays. I hope they pick up the pace.....I think it will be worth the wait but I am patiently waiting.....

rick_debbie_gallant

Heck, if it is done and I wanted it bad enough I think I would find a way to go pick it up at the factory. Probably not possible to do that, but I sure would be looking into it.

truknutt

Committed Member
They related the unit was completed but there is a shortage of drivers for transport (due to fuel cost) and it will take 3-4 more weeks. It seems like this information would be available well in advance as I do not think they just figured out there were transport delays.

This is the case not only with the RV industry but also the Cargo/Utility trailer sector as well. I ordered a cargo trailer back in early November and was told 4 weeks for delivery; cool, my Christmas present. I finally took delivery middle February. The manufacturer is also in Elkhart. As I understand it most of the transport companies sign on independant contractors who before the recent surge in fuel costs were just squeeking by. Many drivers have been forced to give it up as the expenses far outweigh the profits.

As far as the Rep goes Pizzaguy..while we can't know what his problem really is, you know as well as I that everyone has a supervisor/boss. If your dealer isn't getting satisfaction for you he should be making the call above the Rep's head. The dealer should be working on YOUR behalf.

Pizzaguy

Re: Had a new one ordered for a while , about to call it off. Not happy with Heartland Rep--UPDATE

I would like to say Thank You to Kary Katzenberger and Heartland. I received a pro active call from Kary this morning and the issue has been completely resolved. This proves that not only does Heartland build a great unit, but they truly care about their customers. I have heard the reports about the great cusomer service at Heartland but never had to test it. The telephone call this morning not only was appreciated but proved what a great company they are.

donr827

Re: Had a new one ordered for a while , about to call it off. Not happy with Heartland Rep--UPDATE

Glad to hear your problems were resolved.
Don

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Ok Pizzaguy = what was the outcome? Inquiring minds what to know.

Pizzaguy

The outcome was that Heartland's Kary Katzenberger, the Sales Rep, and the dealer are all working together so we can get our new BH in the near future and are keeping us as Heartland customers for a long time to come.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Sorry BH owners but we loved our BH so much we ordered another. Now due to the Heartland rep's "don't give a crap attitude" we are about to call off the whole deal. Dealer has been great and it is not his fault, and I really hate to stick him with our ordered unit, but his Heartland rep either needs to pay attention to his job or maybe find something else. As our unit was supposed to be here last week, then this week, now it may be two more weeks.Meanwhile our old one has been at the dealers because our new one should have been here. Heartland rep wasn't paying attention to the order, told dealer a date (incorrectly) won't return phone calls to dealer in a timely matter so dealer has to constantly keep calling the rep. This dealer sells a pretty fair amount of Heartland units. Dealer can't say anything because he wants to stay in good standing with his rep but I have had it with this Heartland rep and am going shopping this weekend and it may be another brand after this mess.

Sorry to hear this. It doesn't sound normal at all to me.

The outcome was that Heartland's Kary Katzenberger, the Sales Rep, and the dealer are all working together so we can get our new BH in the near future and are keeping us as Heartland customers for a long time to come.

Now that sounds normal.:cool:

Porkchop

I have been calling Heartland as well about our unit. My understanding was that they are short generators. I just posted about it in the general forum. I'm very nervous that we won't get it in time...

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

I would like to say Thank You to Kary Katzenberger and Heartland. I received a pro active call from Kary this morning and the issue has been completely resolved. This proves that not only does Heartland build a great unit, but they truly care about their customers. I have heard the reports about the great cusomer service at Heartland but never had to test it. The telephone call this morning not only was appreciated but proved what a great company they are.

Yay, Kary!!